Hello guys ,

Please what is the best apps for clean
    orphan files on treo ?
    i've look i can't delete orphan files from
    old apps with ressource db status from
    FileZ program.

Thank you for comment and explanation

Tony
    I backup mine daily with BackupBuddy to the external card and its finishing act is the killing of the orphan files. Ben

-----------

Originally posted by f5git
    Hello guys ,

orphan files on treo ?
    FileZ program.

Tony
    Hiya, Unless they finally released the updated version of backupbuddy, it does not work properly for palm 5.0 and will not back everything up. They openly state this and are working on a new release of it. But unless they have come out with the new one and you have a crash, you will be in for a rude awakening. take care, jay

Ps. As to the orginal ? I understand that filez is supposed to work but I do not have any 1st hand experience with it.
    The desktop version of BackUp Buddy works fine with OS5 devices. But the card-related backup version of that app is a recipe for disaster for OS5 devices. There's a 30-day fully featured trial version of the desktop available. You may want to install it, run a "sync", and let it kill your archived files-- which will wind up in an "Archived Files" directory under your user name, under the Palm directory.

Note: just after installing the desktop, be sure to tap the "options" so the app will do precisely what you want when you sync.
    Originally posted by f5git
    Hello guys ,

orphan files on treo ?
    FileZ program.

Tony
    Try the new FileZ 5.3 Beta 4. I don't know if it can delete orphan files, haven't tried yet, but it is a much improved version of the old FileZ.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by PDAman

Try the new FileZ 5.3 Beta 4. I don't know if it can delete orphan files, haven't tried yet, but it is a much improved version of the old FileZ.
    Thank you for all reply.

I've This version of Filez installed but can't
    delete old file create but soft user id
    with ressource db status, i don't know
    why ? If anybody can explain the reason
    and how to clean.

Tony
    ...in that case try Pocket Folder 1.7 Beta. I've been able to delete orphan files when you set view w/attributes vs size of file. Pretty neat familiar "Windows" type of interface.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by PDAman
    ...in that case try Pocket Folder 1.7 Beta. I've been able to delete orphan files when you set view w/attributes vs size of file. Pretty neat familiar "Windows" type of interface.
    Thanks but what is the location for download
    this software ?

Tony
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Is there any way to easily identify orphaned files??
    Originally posted by njchris
    Is there any way to easily identify orphaned files??
    I would like to know this also. Using FileZ, you get an extremely long list of files and the only way to identify anything is by filename. Some orphaned files cannot be identified this way because they are not named the same as the app they were associated with. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated because i am already running kinda short of free space on my T600.
    Looks good but $18, Whoa!!!
    You can get Cleanup for "just" 10:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...2&prodid=46687
    Here is what I did to delete those "Resource DB" tagged files. I used the current version of Filez.

1. Reset your Treo and press and hold "UP" on the 5-way nav. while it resets. This should prevent all the start up "Resource DB" files from loading.

2. Start up Filez and you should now be able to delete those files tagged as "Resource DB".

WARNING:
    Make sure you know what you are deleting because you might really mess up your Treo and might have to hard reset. You have been warned.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Do not start deleting things unless you are finding good reason to!

One deleted file you needed and there goes your whole setup!

Weeks of work ahead for trying to save a second here or there.

Danger, Will Robinson, danger!
  15.    #16  
    Originally posted by mgauss
    Do not start deleting things unless you are finding good reason to!

One deleted file you needed and there goes your whole setup!

Weeks of work ahead for trying to save a second here or there.

Danger, Will Robinson, danger!
    Hello ,

Many thanks for all reply and good explanation
    about this topics.

See you, Tony