1.    #1  
    Ok, I'm having this little problem...

I always thought with phones with cameras, you could just take a pic, and send it to any other phone via their phone number, POW!

But this isn't the case (at least with SprintPCS)??? It seems like first you send it goes to PictureMail website, and then they send a link to the person's phone, and they have to (man, this is getting complicated) look up the link through their browser to see the picture. IS THIS RIGHT???

I'm trying to send pics to a buddy in D.C. who just got a new Nokia with a camera. He can't see pics I send him, and I can't see pics he sends to me. If he sends them to myname@sprintpcs.com, I can see the email in Blazer, but I can't get to the attachment- I have to look at it on my desktop. WTF?! I've tried sending them to him through his phone number, and through email addresses.

Bottom line- What do we have to do so that I can see the pics he sends me and he can see the pics I send him???

TIA,

Jonathan
    Originally posted by jlhopwo
    Ok, I'm having this little problem...

I always thought with phones with cameras, you could just take a pic, and send it to any other phone via their phone number, POW!

But this isn't the case (at least with SprintPCS)??? It seems like first you send it goes to PictureMail website, and then they send a link to the person's phone, and they have to (man, this is getting complicated) look up the link through their browser to see the picture. IS THIS RIGHT???

I'm trying to send pics to a buddy in D.C. who just got a new Nokia with a camera. He can't see pics I send him, and I can't see pics he sends to me. If he sends them to myname@sprintpcs.com, I can see the email in Blazer, but I can't get to the attachment- I have to look at it on my desktop. WTF?! I've tried sending them to him through his phone number, and through email addresses.

Bottom line- What do we have to do so that I can see the pics he sends me and he can see the pics I send him???

TIA,

Jonathan
    Considering your friend has a Nokia with a camera, I'm assuming he doesn't have Sprint. Picture mail will only work among Sprint phones. What Short Mail is to SMS, that's what Picture Mail is to MMS in the respect that it goes through web servers, hence the link. But for Picture Mail, you can't send it to a non-Sprint phone.
    So there is no simple solution then? I've never purchased a cell phone with a camera, so I'm completely ignorant, but I was under the same impression that Jonathan was, i.e., that taking and sending pics to other camera cell phones was simple and easy. Am I completely wrong?

Joe

PS So nobody flames me because I am completely ignorant, I am going to apologize ahead of time and ask you to please forgive my complete ignorance. TIA
  4.    #4  
    LETSGOFLYERS81-

So, if I understand you correctly, when MO-SMS (or whatever it's called) gets turned on later this month, THEN we can send pics to everyone else???

Thanks,

Jonathan
    im afraid of sendin pics from the 600 to another phone/computer. since the display screen of the 600 is only 4096 colors, I wouldn't be able to tell if it looks good or not
    I use snapper mail and its very easy to e-mail a picture.
    Simply save the picture to your SD card and then send it as an attachment.

Your other option is to send it from your home computer as a duplicate file is in the Treo Pictures folder.

A third option is to upload it to the sprint pictures web site.

A fourth option is to upload it to www.textamerica.com where you can set up a free account.

So its easy to send pictures.

BTW, you can upload pictures from your digital camera TO the Treo 600 by dragging the file on your computer to Treo Pictures and performing a hot syn.
    but the bottom line is that the feature everyone always touts in the commercials is essentiall an offshoot of sms so direct picture mails to other phones between diffrent carriers is not currently possible w/ sprint...

yesh? no? maybe so?

d.r.g.