1.    #1  
    I am trying out Sprint's Business connection Personal edition. I can receive attachements but I do not see any way to send attachments. Am I right or wrong? Please proof me wrong.
    newtreouser wrote:
    I am trying out Sprint's Business connection Personal edition. I can receive attachements but I do not see any way to send attachments. Am I right or wrong?
    I find it easy to send attachments from BC on the Treo:
    1. Start composing a new message
    2. Click on the paper clip icon, which provides a link to your desktop documents.
    3. Attach the document you want and send the message.

Do these steps not work for you?
    You can "see" attachments sent to you on BC? I can see the filename, but am unable to open them. Can you open them?
    hmm, have you double-checked that you have given yourself the ability to view attachments? to do so, you need to go to the Settings page of BC on the Web; at the bottom-right of the Settings page is some text that says
    "The File View add-on allows you to view email attachments and documents on your device. Download File View Add-On now. "

When you open that add-on, it gives you access to file viewing. (I think it must install something on the desktop software, which converts the attachment before sending it to your Treo.)

Try that and let me know if it works!
    THANKS !!!!!!! That worked. I have been perplexed by this now for 3 weeks. Really appreciate the help HORTENSE!

Now, How can I view any file that is on my desktop - I am guessing that I will have to email it to myself and then open it?

Also, I can't get new email messages to use the Palm Address Book to find their email addresses. I click on the To: box, and where it says search in, I hit the dropdown and choose Palm Address Book, but it doesn't seem to work.

Do I need to "add" my Palm Address Book to BC or something?
    Make sure you're entering a name, and THEN selecting the place to search (in your case, the Palm address book). You may think that nothing's happening, because you may not be entering a name, and then activating the search. Do them in that order.

So -

enter name
    select Palm Address Book
    Then select Go
    (all of which you can do via the nav pad, remember)

See what that does fer ya...
    "Now, How can I view any file that is on my desktop - I am guessing that I will have to email it to myself and then open it?"

Well, this is a multi-part answer.

BC will allow you to access and view (in minimal, plain text mode) documents that are in a folder that you've told BC to make accessible to you. So - open BC via the little icon in your SysTray (on the bottm right of your PC screen). Go to Tools/Settings/Documents. That's the place where you designate what folder you want to be able to view. So - click the 'Enable Mobile Access' button, and then browse to the folder that you want to get to.

Once you do all that, you can access those files (again, though, all you're doing in this case is viewing them in plain text) via the handheld client. On the Treo BC app, on the upper portion of the screen, select the little icon that looks like a file folder. That will get you to the folder that you've selected on your PC.

You can view those files, minimally, and e-mail them to others, as well. I do think this file view and access is a major benefit of BC (it has some klunkiness in other areas, but this aspect makes up for the other hairiness).

Good luck!
  8. LGA
    What about viewing JPG files?

I've downloaded the viewer executable but I keep getting the message: Downloading of files of this type is not supported.