1.    #1  
    I mentioned earlier that Mobile Republic had the cheapest Treo 600 deal, 31.99 for the handset on Yourplan (any network) 200 (30/month). Well now the One Stop Phone Shop have just reduced their prices and now do the same contract for 34.99 (+ free handsfree kit) BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY THEY HAD STOCK AS OF 9:00am this morning

The major difference is that OSPS answer their phones whilst Mobile Republic sadly do not - they prefer you to send eTickets.
    Last edited by Jumbawamba; 11/05/2003 at 07:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Okay, thats annoying!

I bought mine from directmobilephones.com about three weeks ago and I paid 20 on a 50 a month tariff which I have to keep for six months! Luckily for me, I am a fairly heavy user who will actually get through 400 anytime any network minutes, but imagine those other people who took it just to get the phone!
    "Yay though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil... cause I have a big stick! And I am the meanest mutherf***er in the valley!" -Deep Blue Sea
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Chaser81
    Okay, thats annoying!

I bought mine from directmobilephones.com about three weeks ago and I paid 20 on a 50 a month tariff which I have to keep for six months! Luckily for me, I am a fairly heavy user who will actually get through 400 anytime any network minutes, but imagine those other people who took it just to get the phone!
    Well you've enjoyed yours for three weeks more than me, so all is fair I guess.

But do check the TOC of directmobilephones, I am sure it is only 4 months (120 days) and sometimes you can even change tariff earlier without clawback... I am never sure whether it is Orange who object or the retailer who stand to lose money off their sign-up commissions.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    The retailer states in their terms and conditions that if you change your tariff and they get clawback from Orange as a result then they will charge your debit card for the difference in price on the phone. DMP.com's website is confusing though, cause in one part of the TOC it says four months, and in another it says six. Airing on the side of caution, I am assuming its six.
    "Yay though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil... cause I have a big stick! And I am the meanest mutherf***er in the valley!" -Deep Blue Sea
    I dont get it. How much is that in us dollars? It seems way too cheap. Explain
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    I dont get it. How much is that in us dollars? It seems way too cheap. Explain
    You pay 58 USD for the Treo and then 50 USD per month for the line rental and 200 mins of included calls. However after 4 months you can switch down to the lowest line rental which is about 20 bucks a month. You are obliged to stay with the network you signed to for 12 months.

I think in Europe there is a tradition of cellular companies subsidising the cost of the phones and instead making their money on the calls/data - In the US i know it is different.

Gabriel
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Our networks over here work different to yours in the states. Over here the network subsidises the cost of the handset heavily when you take a new contract for 12 months. I took a relatively high tariff compared to whats on the market at 50 a month, therefore the phone itself only cost me 20. Its not unusual for some shops to let you have the phone free because they will make their money back off the network in subsidies.

To answer your other question, 20 roughly equates to $10-11. Thats all I paid for my Treo 600.
    Originally posted by Chaser81
    To answer your other question, 20 roughly equates to $10-11. Thats all I paid for my Treo 600.
    Your exchange rate maths are a bit out. 20 = approx $33 (1.66 dollars to the pound).

It's still b****y cheap though
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Apologies, got the exchange rate all in a mucking fuddle!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Apologies, got the exchange rate all in a mucking fuddle!