1.    #1  
    I thought maybe my SD card was bad so I got a new one, and I still have the same problem. When I take the SD card out of the treo and put it in my Notebook's SD card slot (my notebook has a built in SD reader), and then click on a file in the SD card using Windows Explorer, my PC locks up completely and I have to do a hard reboot. I can only use the card again in my Notebook's card reader if I format the card on the Treo first. But as soon as I copy some .mp3 files onto the SD card in my reader and then put the card in the Treo and then put it back in my Notebook's SD reader, the Notebook will lock up again. So it seems that the Treo (or Pocket Tunes) is doing something bad to the card that the Treo doesn't seem to have a problem with, but the PC's reader does.

My reader works just fine as long as I don't put the SD card in the Treo. Anyone else have the same problems? Or any ideas? Thanks.
    Name some brands/models here so we can try to help out. I think you are the only on to report this AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $so$ $you$ $may$ $be$ $on$ $your$ $own$ $for$ $a$ $solution$.

I have used several card readers and several brands of cards in them on macs and pcs with no hassle.

I suggest you seek an updated driver for your pcs card reader from the pc manufacturer first. Other than that, are you by any chance also using a Tungsten T3? These can eat SanDisk cards and make them act poorly.
    it might be the file system that's incompatible. Like NTFS vs. FAT. Do a search and maybe you can find more knowledgeable hindsight. I'm curious too.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Originally posted by ChemEngr
    it might be the file system that's incompatible. Like NTFS vs. FAT. Do a search and maybe you can find more knowledgeable hindsight. I'm curious too.
    An incompatible File System shouldn't cause his PC to lock up. An error of unreadable or somesuch would happen.

It seems more of an issue with the SD reader flaking out on the PC than the Treo.

I've had no problems with my USB reader.
    I have the same issue with a 256MB SanDisk card - as reported above, also with MP3 files. My problem ocurrs when I copy MP3s from a USB SanDisk SecureMate reader (all looks well on the PC side) and insert into the Treo. Sometimes only the new MP3 subdirectoy is missing. Sometime the whole card is currupt. And still other times, all is fine. Does not seem to matter where the card is formatted (in Treo or on PC) and I can't duplicate the bahvior in all casses. All works w/o incident if the Treo is out of the equation.

I've tried (returned and got a replacement) three cards, all exibits same behavior. FWIW, my SanDisk 64MB card does not have this issue.

I'm currently waiting on a known-good replacement directly from SanDisk.
    I think quite a number of us seem to have no problems using the card in the Treo and our card readers. I'd try a different card reader before you blame the Treo. Have you used the card in other devices and your notebook without a problem?
    I've given up on figuring this one out for now. I use Hot Sync to transfer the Mp3 files to my SanDisk 512mb card and it works flawlessly. Yes, it's slow, but it works.

What I do is use MusicMatch to export the tracks to a folder that I created in the Add-On Hot Sync folder. (This an easier way to make a playlist than just searching manually through My Music folder). Then I just click on Add-On in Hot Sync Install Tool, open the folder and select the tracks. Works every time.
    Originally posted by SprintTreoUser
    I've given up on figuring this one out for now. I use Hot Sync to transfer the Mp3 files to my SanDisk 512mb card and it works flawlessly. Yes, it's slow, but it works.

What I do is use MusicMatch to export the tracks to a folder that I created in the Add-On Hot Sync folder. (This an easier way to make a playlist than just searching manually through My Music folder). Then I just click on Add-On in Hot Sync Install Tool, open the folder and select the tracks. Works every time.
    Unfortunate solution, this is. The hotsync probably has an intricate error checking/verification process built in, which would fix the errors caused by the SD card reader... that's at a cost of waiting for a really slow error checking thing to run though...
    Originally posted by SprintTreoUser

STU,

Here's a question for you:

Is there any way to remove media files (not programs) from your SD card while it is in your Treo 600. I haven't figured that one out yet.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    You need to get a freeware program called. "FileZ". No one running Palm Os should be without it.

macfan
    I have mentioned this before...

I had a real crappy card reader screw up my card... It wasn't the treo or my printer (which I use for a card reader since it has the slots).

I don't think the TREOP screws the cards up but some of the card readers are not wonderful

I bought a Lexar one at Comp USA which seems to run great.

Mike
    Originally posted by libmanj

STU,

Here's a question for you:

Is there any way to remove media files (not programs) from your SD card while it is in your Treo 600. I haven't figured that one out yet.

Thanks.
    I have no problem doing this with FileZ as macfan mentioned. Just use Filez to access that card and go the media file > select details and delete....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions