1.    #1  
    I have copied some word docs onto the SD card and I had hoped to read them using docs to go although when I click on the link I get the docs to go splash screen and i click on OK and then it just returns to the app menu.

There is no menu option or anything. Does the doc have to be in a specific place or have to altered using a desktop app?

Also when I try to Install word docs using the install feature on the palm desktop I get an error on syncing.

Where am I going wring?

thanks in advance

RIch
    Originally posted by rich1221
    I have copied some word docs onto the SD card and I had hoped to read them using docs to go although when I click on the link I get the docs to go splash screen and i click on OK and then it just returns to the app menu.

There is no menu option or anything. Does the doc have to be in a specific place or have to altered using a desktop app?

Also when I try to Install word docs using the install feature on the palm desktop I get an error on syncing.

Where am I going wring?

thanks in advance

RIch
    When I put a jpg on my SD card that I wanted to e-mail someone, it created a DCIM dir on the card. I dropped a Word doc in there but still couldn't see it. I opened SnapperMail, started a new e-mail, went to attach, and THAT saw the Word doc. I clicked on open and that started Docs to Go and I was able to view it. There's gotta be an easier way than going through SnapperMail, but if you have it, it does work.
    The version of Docs to Go that is on the device is really meant to add attachment reading support to the Treo 600 rather than being the full-on Docs To Go reader/writer app. What it does is allow you to receive XLS/DOC via email using the GSM-only Mail application. It also adds XLS and DOC as downloadable types for Blazer - if you find a doc or Excel file on a web page, you can download em and read em directly from the Blazer web link.

If you want full two way synch and a reader application/editor, you have to upgrade to the full version of Docs to Go. The good news is that the commercial version and the freebie with 600 play well together and you still have the attachment support and Blazer support when you install the full version.