1. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I loaded the free palm reader and a book www.peanutpress.com

Is the pro palm reader worth buying and does it work on the treo 600?

Are there other/better sites than peanut press for e-books, etc.?
    I've been using the Pro version for quite awhile, it works great on the Treo 600.

The Font pack is very useful for getting the books just right for your eye's. I like the ability to change the background color as well.

I buy books from Peanut press every few months but I also make my own books from Text files using the Palm eBook Studio.

I read so much more now that I always have about 20 or 30 books with me on an SD Card.
    I have just upgraded to Palm Reader Pro after a few years reading on Palm Reader. I can't really say it is worth the price . Having used the free version Palm Reader on PocketPC also, I'd say that Palm Reader Pro could have done a lot better.

I have to admit though that I have not bought the font pack, so that may improve the reading experience

- Akarin
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I've been using Palm Reader for years. The experience has been just as good on the 600 as it had been on my previous PDAs. I have a huge library of ebooks for it and continue to buy more.
    This is good news for me as someone who is about to buy a Treo and who spends a couple of hours a day reading on my current palm m500!

I think Palm Reader Pro is worth the money for the ability to change the font. I find the default fonts much worse to read than the ones you can buy. My personal favourite (on the 160x160 screen at least) is Kabel at size 10.

Stuart
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    can you set the pro version to read ebooks on the card, or do you have to move them to palm memory to read them?

Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html