1.    #1  
    I have been trying to figure out a good way to do this all day.

I have a personal assistant to whom I would like to give the ability of adding items to my todo list and calendar. I do not want her to have access to e-mail, contacts, etc.

The problem is that I travel often and take my laptop and treo with me. Those are the two devices which have my info on them. I am using Outlook 2003.

So I need her to somehow be able to add these items to either my treo (preferable) or laptop from another computer.

The closest I've come so far is yahoo calendar, but the sync function is very messy and makes lots of duplicates, doesn't sync everything, etc.

Any ideas, guys?

Thanks,

Ty
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    aren't you able to give her access to your Outlook calendar? she should be able to add meetings, etc. to your calendar over the network and then when you sync it's also on your Treo.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  3.    #3  
    Wow... I never even thought of that... but I don't know how either. I'll start messing with it and see if I can figure it out. Nice sig, by the way!

Ty
    Originally posted by randyg
    aren't you able to give her access to your Outlook calendar? she should be able to add meetings, etc. to your calendar over the network and then when you sync it's also on your Treo.
    I think he means his tasks, not calendar. edit: looks like he needs both :-)

Either way, randy's answer still applies, just share your To-do list, calendar or whatever other folder you want.
  5.    #5  
    Is this possible without an exchange server? I just use Outlook 2003 to connect to my IMAP account.

Ty
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Originally posted by cornrow
    Is this possible without an exchange server? I just use Outlook 2003 to connect to my IMAP account.

Ty
    ah, there's the rub. i assumed you were using Exchange. that's what enables you to access others calendars, tasks, etc. so now i'm not so sure. it's a shame you're not on a Mac, you could share your iCal over the web, she could make changes, and you could sync via iSync. But it seems like there's got to be something similar to this for the PC, perhaps like you're doing with Yahoo, but different and not as messy. Do you use Exchange server for work?
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  7.    #7  
    No, I don't use exchange server. I found that she can assign me tasks, but I have to check my e-mail and manually hit accept. Not bad, but not good.

I have a friend with an exchange server who can make me an account. Maybe that will be better.

Ty
    You are not completely out of luck yet. There is an option at least on Outlook 2000 to use "net folders". The way netfolders works is basically like a subscription system. You send out a subscription to your calendar, to do list, etc, and every time there is a change, that change is sent via email to your subscribers. Depending on their level of access, they will be able to add/change appointments and those changes will then be emailed to you and automatically integrated into your calendar.

Use the help function and search for net folders. It might be the answer to your problems.
    If you have office 2003 and Sprint business connection personal edition, then you do not need Exchange.
    I have a home network, runn XP, Office 2003 and Biz Connection and it works like a dream.
    You can access your main PC or server this way from any browser without your cell phone. This is built in. But being on a cell phone and accessing files, calendar and synching email and getting email pushed out to me is fantastic. All included on the Spritn plan----and works flawlessly so far. Not so sure about the to-do list, but I use the calendar instead anyways,,,,,,
    JON