1.    #1  
    My free trial with Snappermail is about over. My GSM treo is coming in a "few weeks", and I assume it will have the HS email client. What am I missing if I just use the HS email program?
    The only thing that I have found that the HS client won't do that snapper will do is the ability to store attachments directly to a memory card. Other than that I think HS will do everything else.
  3.    #3  
    Hmmmm, that doesn't seem like a big deal unless the Treo's main memory is almost full, or unless you receive huge attachments.
    I've neither played with nor read about the HS email client - however, the only reason I use snapper mail is it's support for both SMTP Auth and POP SSL.

Does anyone know if the HS client can use both of those protocols?
    Originally posted by dannoz
    I've neither played with nor read about the HS email client - however, the only reason I use snapper mail is it's support for both SMTP Auth and POP SSL.

Does anyone know if the HS client can use both of those protocols?
    Their is are checkbox options for "SSL Required for SMTP" and "SSL required for POP3". Their are also places to input a user name and password for the SMTP server.

I just set up the client for my companies mail server (IMAP but apparently will support POP3) and I was able to send an e-mail to my other account using the SMTP user name and password.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    From what I can tell there are main differences that make me like snappermail a little better

1. You can assign a reply e-mail address. This is important as i have to use sprints server to send mail and i doens't want people to reply to that e-mail address.

2. If you have multiple accounts, you need to check each one individually and they are stored differently.

However, i like that that you can send pics from the internal memory but thats not a big deal since my camera is set to save pictures to my memory card anyway.
    you can send documents to go docs on snapper but not on handspring.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    You can send DTG on the HS mail... you need to select send from DTG first and it will then open a blank e-mail with the attachment in place.