Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know this is a little early, but we can use this thread to track order status changes.

As of today:

Date: 11/03/2003
    Order Status: Order Received
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Date: 11/02/2003
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Order Placed: 10/26/2003 9:55am
    Order Status: Order Recieved

ARGH! The Wait is KILLING me. Hopefully it will ship this week.
    Placed: 11/02/2003
    Number: xxxxxx-xxxxxx

Cheers.
    Order Placed: 11/02/2003
    Order Number: 0XXXX2-9XXXX3

C'mon, Baby, I can't wait....I hope they start shipping the first GSM units tomorrow, but I highly doubt that's going to happen.

Don't you think that it's premature to put an ad at top of the page that says, "Cingular GSM Version Now Available", considering everybody knows that they won't be fulfilling orders until Nov. 17. I don't know, I think it's a bit wrong.
    my order is for a sprint version... even that is taking a long time. I have to wonder if they stopped shipping to change logo's or something. That would annoy the crap out of me.
    Originally posted by coisty1856
    Order Placed: 11/02/2003
    Order Number: 0XXXX2-9XXXX3

C'mon, Baby, I can't wait....I hope they start shipping the first GSM units tomorrow, but I highly doubt that's going to happen.

Don't you think that it's premature to put an ad at top of the page that says, "Cingular GSM Version Now Available", considering everybody knows that they won't be fulfilling orders until Nov. 17. I don't know, I think it's a bit wrong.
    You hit on a very subtle nuance, one that gives a window to the corporate mindset of HS.

They are LIARS.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to purchase and/or receive an authorized Cingular capable handset.

Preorder DOES NOT EQUAL available.

But they throw those words out casually, because at their core, they are nothing other than manipulative liars.
    guys - they sell a phone. If you think a company that sells a rather neat phone/pda device is manipulating or lying to you, you have way too much of an emotional involvement in the whole thing, as well as quite an ego. Handspring doesn't even know who you are. They don't care. They are not trying to "trick" you or manipulate you. They have placed a phone up for sale with a clearly stated delay in shipping. They claim "Now Available" which is the most generic marketing speak out there - it is Now Available for pre-order, which right there is straight forward. Thats how marketing works.

The fact is this. Their banner says now available. You click it and it TELLS YOU that it's a pre-order that will not start shipping until x and x date. If you then go ahead and order it, you certainly don't have the right to claim they lied to you. It was very clearly labeled on their site before you ordered.

I ordered a SPCS treo 600 from them on the 26th of October, when they had posted a 2-3 week delay in shipping. I made the call to do it anyway because I wanted the upgrade deal (which was very NICE of them) - The order still hasnt moved, and it's driving me mad. But it certainly doesn't make Handspring manipulative liars - they are sticking to their word on the delay. If they shipped it in 3 days... that wouldve been lying. Not that I would complain.

These forums are great for all the help and support, but recently I have seen too many people running around calling handspring names and such because they arent willing to live with the decisions they themselves have made. Childish and sad. Get over it. Neither you or the treo is all that important, and no one cares.
    Originally posted by flipsidejones
    They don't care. They are not trying to "trick" you or manipulate you. They have placed a phone up for sale with a clearly stated delay in shipping.
    Not so simple. When I ordered my Sprint version on October 24, the stated delay was 1-2 weeks. It is now approaching 2 weeks and I still haven't moved past "Order Received" status.

It wasn't until AFTER I placed my order that HS updated its website to state that orders placed after October 23 were subject to a 2-3 week delay.

Yes, I feel I've been lied to. Not me as an individual but me as one of those who placed an order on October 23-24 before the longer delay was announced.
    It is APPROXIMATE, don't take 1-2 weeks to mean that it will be at your door on the 14th day. Now, if they Guaranteed it to be at your door on the 14th day, then you have a right to gripe.
    gusher1 - you say yourself it hasnt even been the full 2 weeks from their original notice yet. Dont you think you are jumping the gun a bit?

The status stays on order recieved until it's ready to ship. The creditcard->approval->packing->shipping stages are very fast, as it just moves through the system. Those will all hit within a few hours most likely. And then you will get a nice email with a tracking number.

Patience. They aren't going to take your money and run. You will get your phone in due course. It's first come, first serve.
    I'm sorry, when someone says they expect to do something in 1-2 weeks, I take that to mean it will be done in 1-2 weeks.
    Originally posted by flipsidejones
    gusher1 - The status stays on order recieved until it's ready to ship. The creditcard->approval->packing->shipping stages are very fast, as it just moves through the system. Those will all hit within a few hours most likely. And then you will get a nice email with a tracking number.

Patience. They aren't going to take your money and run. You will get your phone in due course. It's first come, first serve.
    Actually, the experience of those immediately ahead of us in the Sprint queue was not a few hours after first moving from "Order Received" status. It took days.

Those who placed their Sprint orders on October 22 were shipped by October 31. A 9 day turnaround from order to shipping. Those who placed their order on October 23 have now been on "Order Received" status for 13 days. The delay clearly grew for orders placed after October 22. Which is consistent with what is said on Handspring's website.

However, my beef is they didn't bother telling us about the longer delay until AFTER those who ordered on October 23-24 had already ordered. That plus the fact that the Sprint version is available for immediate purchase at many locations. Apparently the "shortage" only applies to those purchasing through the "loyalty upgrade." Fine way to reward loyal customers.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Zipmitz: Do you have to hijack EVERY thread with the same exact rant, over and over again? This thread was created to track order status. Go B@#ch and moan somewhere else. Please.

As of today, 11/05/03:

Ordered: 11/02/03
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Originally posted by gusher1

Not so simple. When I ordered my Sprint version on October 24, the stated delay was 1-2 weeks. It is now approaching 2 weeks and I still haven't moved past "Order Received" status.

It wasn't until AFTER I placed my order that HS updated its website to state that orders placed after October 23 were subject to a 2-3 week delay.

Yes, I feel I've been lied to. Not me as an individual but me as one of those who placed an order on October 23-24 before the longer delay was announced.
    I placed my order over a week ago, and accidentally deleted the email I got with my Order Number. I called Handspring on Monday and spoke to a rep to get my Order Number. I asked her if it would still take 2-3 weeks and she said that it should be much less but she can't guarantee that. I doubt that is true, I think it is going to take longer than that.
  16.    #16  
    I was feeling fine the past couple days, but for some reason I am getting impatient again.. blah

I want my phone dammit!
    Originally posted by gusher1

You have to face two things...

(1) HS is a company that consciously LIES to people.

(2) With all the lip service about "rewarding" early adopters for their "loyalty", the truth is, they are only using you as a sales prop to prosyletize your friends.

If you have any doubt about it just look around these boards. The overwhelming majority of people can't wait to jump out of the blocks to defend HS for conduct that is plainly and undeniably wrong. So HS, which already is inclined to be a poor corporate citizen, has no problem crapping in their hats which they gladly put right back on their thick heads....
    I hear it was Handspring that killed the Lindberg baby too..get a grip..It is a phone!
    Originally posted by Facci
    It is APPROXIMATE, don't take 1-2 weeks to mean that it will be at your door on the 14th day. Now, if they Guaranteed it to be at your door on the 14th day, then you have a right to gripe.
    I understand that you may be inclined to defend HS because you like their stuff and are excited about the product.

But you should also put that aside when you see reality plain in the face....

The guy was told 1-2 weeks for delivery and it is two weeks and they didn't start shipping.

That means they missed their mark and he still has no idea when he will get what was ordered. He's entitled to feel that his order was mishandled - especially since HS was not gracious (ha!) enough to tell him that there has been a delay.
    Originally posted by flipp
    I hear it was Handspring that killed the Lindberg baby too..get a grip..It is a phone!
    You know, I think you make a very good point. You believe this is only a phone.

So here is what I think you should do....

Listen to your own words, take your own advice.

Stop coming on to internet boards, spending your time on "just a phone". If you think it's just a phone, you should be spending your time far more productively. And moreover, the fact that other people have different views about "just a phone" ought not to mean anything to you at all - and it certainly ought not to provoke you to even pay them any mind.....
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast