Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Ordered Cingular GSM on 11/2:

myjohnson, what time did u put in your order on 11/2.

Mine was 9:47 pm and is still order received. Thanks
    Order Date: 11/02/2003 07:03:06 PM Order Status: Order Received

GAAAAAA!!!!!!
    I'm in Central time so it was probably around 6:30-7:00 PST
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    order placed 11/02, 7:32 pdt, status: order received
    morris stalk
    I don't get the economics of Handsprings decisions. They can get their $600 of my cash anytime by sending me a phone, and I'm starting to lose interest in their product waiting for a preorder period to expire.

There must be millions of dollars in potential revenue waiting to be captured. Is this an ego thing?
    Originally posted by coreysapp
    I ordered on 10/29 and just called today and was told it would ship on 11/17 (3 weeks from order date).
    I put mine in at the same time, and they told me.... ...they didn't know when it would ship, either the end of this week, or sometime next week. I'll call again today. My 300's flip broke (again, this time the wires are cut so I have no sound...) Luckily its under warranty, so I got a new one on the way (If it's another 300, its going on Ebay as soon as I get my 600!)
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Originally posted by JAWilson
    I don't get the economics of Handsprings decisions. They can get their $600 of my cash anytime by sending me a phone, and I'm starting to lose interest in their product waiting for a preorder period to expire.

There must be millions of dollars in potential revenue waiting to be captured. Is this an ego thing?
    What if it was buggy because it was rushed? What if the carriers don't support it because they did not have time to debug the software. Handspring is walking a fine line and they may be blowing it as we speak. If you wait too long, a product is obsolete before being released. If you release too early it is too buggy to perform. I'd bet its safe to say Handspring is working hard. We're talking about 2 weeks here, haven't you ever ordered anything that says "allow 6-8 weeks for delivery"?

Too fast and they're doomed. Too slow and they are doomed. Anybody with a crystal ball know how this should be handled?

David
  9.    #69  
    http://www.amtdrt.inlumen.com/bin/st...0bWbmZe3Cde2ot

Cingular has announced that today the 600's are available. My order status hasnt changed yet.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    11/02, still Order Received. But I'm betting that's going to change some time today, tomorrow, or Monday at the latest. I think they warned us about waiting until the 17th as a processing date because they knew that the 17th would be the latest it would ship. Otherwise, they're just asking for a billion customer support calls starting Tuesday.

At least for those of us nutballs here who ordered on the first or second day.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    I just noticed that the phone is available on the Chicago Cingular site.
    Still "Order Received"
    Now I'm not going to get any work done today because I'll be too busy hitting the refresh button in my browser to check my status!

11/02/2003 09:50:33 PM
    Order Received
    Originally posted by mrjoec
    But I'm betting that's going to change some time today, tomorrow, or Monday at the latest.
    I don't expect any change in our order status until Monday, at the earliest. But I can hope for sooner!!
    11/02/2003 $492.17 Credit Card Approved (Already went through the Carrier Credit Check)
    I assume you ordered yours with a plan since you went through the carrier credit check phase?
    Your assumption didn't make an *** out of either one of us!
    Just received email from HS that everything was approved, and my order was sent to the shipping department and awaiting shipping. (Ordered 11/2).
  19.    #79  
    why didnt I order on 11/2 (im hitting my head against the wall)
    Don't get too frustrated.

I ordered 11/02/2003 at 07:39:54 PM and I'm still at "Order Received".

Seems they should have already processed this as I already have a plan and all they need to do is charge my card and ship it. Good grief Handspring.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast