Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Order Status: Order Received
    GSM upgrade from 270

I'm a T-Mobile user. I checked with multiple HS reps and they all indicated the "Cingular" phone is unlocked and not one could give me a good reason as to what I would lose, if anything, if I waited for the TMO version. So, I got an email confirming my order: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 07:01:14 -0800 (PST).

I'm willing to bet we won't see a change in status until the 17th at which time most of us will progress to "Backorder" status. We probably won't have the phone in our hands till around Thanksgiving or so. Also, I'll bet when we receive our T600 GSM phone there won't be anything on it, the box or in the software that says anything about Cingular, until and unless you pop in a Cingular sim card.

Patience is a virtue.
    I'm sick of waiting...

all you sprint people are bastards

that said... I'll keep waiting.

Its like that Herschel Of Ostropol Story: (ABRIDGED)

"One day a pauper named Herschel was wondering through the forest....

He came to an inn where he hoped he could get some food, but the inkeepers wife was an evil woman with no compassion and wouldn't feed him.

After a great deal of begging, Hershel finally gave up, but he warned her, that if she didn't give him some food, he would "do what is father did". She pressed him to tell her what that was, but he refused... over and over again she tried, but he wouldn't tell her.

Finally, she became fearful that he might harm her and begrudingly allowed him to enter and lavished a feast before him... they even gave him a place to stay for the night at no charge.

In the morning as he was preparing to exit she approached him and said "I HAVE to know what you father did" so herschel said.... My father?..... Oh,.........he went to bed hungry!"
    Originally posted by djs_tx
    11/03/2003 09:06:39 AM, Order Recieved.

You should not have posted that, now if they don't ship before the 17th Zippy will be wailing about what a lying, deceitful company they are.

So who's planning on playing hookie from work to wait for the fedex man? I have already told my boss not to expect me in that day.

David
    I see you are having a lot of fun with me. Enjoy - I'm glad I provide a service (unlike a certain smartphone maker...)

That said, I get a kick out of people telling me to cool out, it's just a phone and then see posts where others tell their boss's that they shouldn't expect them to come to work on the day their phone is scheduled to be delivered.

All that said, David can I ask you a question?

Is it NOT true that HS has been less than honest with us? Is it NOT true that Dubinksy told the world that units would be shipped in October and then had her CSRs tell people that no such date was ever announced? Is it not true that they have told people 2-3 weeks for far longer than 2-3 weeks, with the 2-3 week period not moving even as the calendar did?

I can go on with more examples of dishonesty. But that's a good start.

Your thoughts? And please, anyone who responds to this post, please leave out the personal characterizations of me and simply address the question of honesty.
    Originally posted by TheHandlessKing
    Zippy is one great poster......FOR ME TO **** ON!!!

TheHandlessKing

Why do you feel the need to personally attack ME?

Ad hominem is the last refuge of a losing argument....

Why don't you simply deal with what I say rather than your views about me for saying it?

I see you post quite a bit on thise forums. You obviously are way into this technology. You are not very different from me in that regard. And I see you are anxious too.

So, why bang on me? Why not bang on the jerks who have jerked us ALL around?

Oh man....I'm so bored right now...haha.
    > ...Why do you feel the need to personally attack ME?..

Because he, and others, cannot refute what you've posted - pretty simple.

> ...Ad hominem is the last refuge of a losing argument...

Yes, it is.

Welcome to The Dark Side of those who have consistently been correct.

And lambasted for it!

Now THAT'S entertainment!

====

BTW - what's that definition of "available" and "shipping"?

Oh.

Didn't some lambasted individual mention that quite some time ago?

Oh.

Yeah.

Giggle.

Welcome to reality.

Sucks, eh?

====

Hey! Ya think YOU'VE got it bad?

Poor purpleX reads a post by a fanatic that says:

== "TREOs are the most integrated device available"

and he had the SHEER GALL to ask:

== "Uh...what do you mean by 'integrated'?"

and, of course, was run over the coals for daring to challenge meaningless fluff for what it was.

Giggle, part II.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    > ...Why do you feel the need to personally attack ME?..

Because he, and others, cannot refute what you've posted - pretty simple.

> ...Ad hominem is the last refuge of a losing argument...

Yes, it is.

Welcome to The Dark Side of those who have consistently been correct.

And lambasted for it!

Now THAT'S entertainment!

====

BTW - what's that definition of "available" and "shipping"?

Oh.

Didn't some lambasted individual mention that quite some time ago?

Oh.

Yeah.

Giggle.

Welcome to reality.

Sucks, eh?

====

Hey! Ya think YOU'VE got it bad?

Poor purpleX reads a post by a fanatic that says:

== "TREOs are the most integrated device available"

and he had the SHEER GALL to ask:

== "Uh...what do you mean by 'integrated'?"

and, of course, was run over the coals for daring to challenge meaningless fluff for what it was.

Giggle, part II.

yes. purplex aka seldomright. cut the bs your one and the same.
    Highly relevant comeback there!

Damn you're good!

(or should that be - to maintain consistency - "Dam, your good!"?)
  8.    #48  
    zipmitz : Keep your rants off this thread.

Thank You
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih

Thank You
    Who died and left you King?
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih

Thank You
    And, by the way, I seem to remember that before you got all hot and giddy about your fraudulent Cingular order, you were one of the angrier guys in these threads about not having your toy.....
  11.    #51  
    Zip:

You are so upset you are clearly not seeing the obvious.... that I practically agree with you with everything you are saying. At the same time this is a thread to "track the status of orders" and I would really appreciate it if ranting was done elsewhere. There is a place for everything.
    Originally posted by zipmitz

I see you are having a lot of fun with me. Enjoy - I'm glad I provide a service (unlike a certain smartphone maker...)

That said, I get a kick out of people telling me to cool out, it's just a phone and then see posts where others tell their boss's that they shouldn't expect them to come to work on the day their phone is scheduled to be delivered.

All that said, David can I ask you a question?

Is it NOT true that HS has been less than honest with us? Is it NOT true that Dubinksy told the world that units would be shipped in October and then had her CSRs tell people that no such date was ever announced? Is it not true that they have told people 2-3 weeks for far longer than 2-3 weeks, with the 2-3 week period not moving even as the calendar did?

I can go on with more examples of dishonesty. But that's a good start.

Your thoughts? And please, anyone who responds to this post, please leave out the personal characterizations of me and simply address the question of honesty.
    Dude, you are off the wall. First, I never have told you to "cool out". I've said I'm excited about it too. What I did tell you was to get a little perspective.

You've invited the teasing / harassing with the constant threadjacking. If you jack nearly every GSM thread to complain about the lying, you're going to get razzed. Life is like that, I didn't make the rules.

Second, I've never said they did not lie. HS said some things that were not the literal truth. But what you call "lies" I call marketing optimism. Don't you think Dona wanted to ship earlier? You keep ignoring the question of motivation because if you think logically about this, you have no basis for all your moaning.

HS designed and created the treo for one freaking reason. TO SELL THEM! They have no reason to purposefully delay. They do have reason to be less than forthcoming on every detail because it might damage relationships necessary to their future success.

So I give you your point, HS LIED. Now answer my question zip, why, in your opinion, did they lie? Maybe because they want to sell a lot of the phone they worked hard to create? There's a word for lying to generate sales. Its called marketing.

Just like Budwieser commercials all show beautiful people having a great time and no one puking their guts out. That's not an accurate representation of their product! That's not what the overwhelming majority of bud drinkers look like! Budwieser lies!

I can give you a long list of corporate lies like "some assembly required", "Results may vary", etc. If anything but absolute literal truth is your standard for corporate behavior, you will be mad at literally every company with a marketing department. Because the job of the marketing department is to manipulate you into thinking their product is something you must have. And that, with a few exceptions like food and water, is a lie.

Be excited over your phone but give it a rest. Everyone has seen your message. We would like to be able to talk about the GSM phones without the predictable complaining? Is that OK by you?

David
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by djs_tx

Dude, you are off the wall. First, I never have told you to "cool out". I've said I'm excited about it too. What I did tell you was to get a little perspective.

You've invited the teasing / harassing with the constant threadjacking. If you jack nearly every GSM thread to complain about the lying, you're going to get razzed. Life is like that, I didn't make the rules.

Second, I've never said they did not lie. HS said some things that were not the literal truth. But what you call "lies" I call marketing optimism. Don't you think Dona wanted to ship earlier? You keep ignoring the question of motivation because if you think logically about this, you have no basis for all your moaning.

HS designed and created the treo for one freaking reason. TO SELL THEM! They have no reason to purposefully delay. They do have reason to be less than forthcoming on every detail because it might damage relationships necessary to their future success.

So I give you your point, HS LIED. Now answer my question zip, why, in your opinion, did they lie? Maybe because they want to sell a lot of the phone they worked hard to create? There's a word for lying to generate sales. Its called marketing.

Just like Budwieser commercials all show beautiful people having a great time and no one puking their guts out. That's not an accurate representation of their product! That's not what the overwhelming majority of bud drinkers look like! Budwieser lies!

I can give you a long list of corporate lies like "some assembly required", "Results may vary", etc. If anything but absolute literal truth is your standard for corporate behavior, you will be mad at literally every company with a marketing department. Because the job of the marketing department is to manipulate you into thinking their product is something you must have. And that, with a few exceptions like food and water, is a lie.

Be excited over your phone but give it a rest. Everyone has seen your message. We would like to be able to talk about the GSM phones without the predictable complaining? Is that OK by you?

David
    [/Q

I have A LOT of basis for my "moaning".

HS knew that they had a problem with their domestic GSM rollout. Donna stoked everyone's appetite and purposely froze their purchase decisions and that, in my mind, creates moral responsibility to the people who (a) took her bait, (b) and relied upon what she said.

Does she want to ship sooner? Sure.

Would she like to blame carriers (whether or not they deserve blame)? Sure.

Is it hard to explictly say that it is the carrier's fault? You bet - especially if it isn't. And I personally don't think it is - I blame HS for mishandling THREE carrier relationships. What's more likely - three carriers being at fault, or one manufacturer? And, by the way, I understand even if it is their fault she understandably can't say so because they have leverage over her.

To me, it's far more likely that it is HER fault, not theirs.

Which, by the way is not really the point in any event.

Because once the people she HOOKED bit, and were going to be detrimented, she had an obligation to them to come clean and be as honest as possible.

SHE DIDN'T.

It doesn't take a genius to see that with T-Mo saying for a month that 11/24 is the date that HS knew it was all the time tbey were giving out time frames that were sooner. But having hooked you, she didn't want to lose you.

So she LIED.

I say "F" her.

So yes. You are right. She wants to sell phones and she doesn't give a crap about you or me, even after she had us rely upon her words to our detriment.
    ...With my Tracking Stats.... ...which IS the real reason this thread was started.... Right?

10/29/2003 0xxxxx-xxxxx3 Order Received

Of course its the Sprint model, and yes its the upgrade price. (Which is the ONLY reason I ordered it from HS... I work for sprint, and could EASILY snatch one off the UPS truck when shipments come... But even my discount wasn't as good as the price HS offered!) Luckily I play with a demo model at work all day, so it's not hard for me to wait

Now back to your regularly scheduled (f)lame war....
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Hey Everyone!

I'm new to this forum. I think it's a great site. I just ordered my Treo 600 with Cingular. I use a Mac G4 Powerbook and love my Microsoft Office...in it, I use the Entourage email option and have all my personal and business contact info in it.

Is there any way that I will be able to pass on that info from Entourage to my Treo 600 once I get it? Keep in mind I'm not a techie and a novice to the smartphone scenario. I would greatly appreciate your feedback and assistance. Thanks.

Snoopdawg
    Work hard...play hard!
    Bump. Obviously I'm desperate to find out if anybody has seen any movement with their order('s)
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I am still at "Order Received".
    I ordered on 10/29 and just called today and was told it would ship on 11/17 (3 weeks from order date).
    Originally posted by coreysapp
    I ordered on 10/29 and just called today and was told it would ship on 11/17 (3 weeks from order date).
    Did you order a GSM?
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Couldn't have ordered a GSM on the 29th. GSM wasn't available until 11/02.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast