Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Hey all...I just downloaded the beta 2.5 release of PDAnet....am very much interested in purchasing this, but I crash everytime I try to connect. I get through the dialing process, but once I get to "Registering your computer on the network," my laptop freezes everytime. Any idea why this would happen, or what I can do to avoid this? I'm using Windows XP with a Treo 300. Thanks in advance!
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by treofreako
    Hey all...I just downloaded the beta 2.5 release of PDAnet....am very much interested in purchasing this, but I crash everytime I try to connect. I get through the dialing process, but once I get to "Registering your computer on the network," my laptop freezes everytime. Any idea why this would happen, or what I can do to avoid this? I'm using Windows XP with a Treo 300. Thanks in advance!
    Have you tried version 2.51?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by ChemEngr


    Have you tried version 2.51?
    I should've been clearer.....I have, indeed, been using 2.51 all along.....just downloaded it today, and keep freezing at the same spot. Even get the green arrows on the Treo, but the moment the pc says, "registering your computer on the network," the treo disconnects and the pc freezes.

    Helllllllllllp!
  4. amakh007's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #4  
    I had the EXACT same problem. No one could help me...I ended up just deleting the crap. I looked on Treo600 board and people are having similar probs! Must be a defect.
  5. #5  
    want to try 2.50? Because I had 2.50 and worked just fine on Win2000Pro. Upgraded to 2.51 and it didn't want to work. So I downgraded.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by ChemEngr
    want to try 2.50? Because I had 2.50 and worked just fine on Win2000Pro. Upgraded to 2.51 and it didn't want to work. So I downgraded.
    That's actually a great idea, chem....any idea where one can find the previous version? I can only seem to locate the new beta (2.51) on the June Fabrics website...
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by ChemEngr
    want to try 2.50? Because I had 2.50 and worked just fine on Win2000Pro. Upgraded to 2.51 and it didn't want to work. So I downgraded.
    Well, folks, I found a website that still offered 2.50, and quickly deleted 2.51 from both laptop and Treo. Installed 2.50 and connected....only to get the same d*** freeze. This is really discouraging...



    Has anybody else out there who's experienced the "network freeze" downgraded to 2.50 successfully?
  8. #8  
    Got the same lockup with 2.51 ... downgraded to 2.02 and it works fine, albiet slowly.

    Connected via 2.02 right now. Going to isntall 2.5 and see how that works.

    -rk
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by rizwankassim
    Got the same lockup with 2.51 ... downgraded to 2.02 and it works fine, albiet slowly.

    Connected via 2.02 right now. Going to isntall 2.5 and see how that works.

    -rk
    Riz, can I ask where you found a copy of the 2.02 version? Would be curious to try it out myself....thanks!
  10. #10  
    Has anyone come up with a fix for the PDAnet freeze at "registering your computer on the network" ?

    I've heard great things about the software prior to purchasing my t600. It was even recommended by the Handspring sales rep. Now no luck.

    Help?

    WinXP Pro
    2.4Ghz p4
  11. #11  
    Yeah, I had the same problem with the computer freezing up on my brand new Toshiba 17" laptop with win xp pro.

    I fired up an old win 2000 pro machine w/ a USB 1.0 port. Installed version 2.5.0 and it worked the first time. I am going to fiddle around with it on my other XP Pro laptop, which doesn't have any USB 2.0 ports, just 1.0. I will let you all know how it goes back on this link in a few days.

    Here is the link to older versions:

    2.5.0:

    http://www.junefabrics.com/bin/PdaNet250.exe

    2.0.2:

    http://www.junefabrics.com/bin/PdaNet202.exe
  12. #12  
    Ok, I haven't tried my other laptop yet, but here is some interesting info. See my other post above also.

    I installed version 2.0.2 on my toshiba, and it worked the first time. I went to the broadband test and got these results:

    2003-11-14 18:19:18 EST: 47 / 36
    Your download speed : 47825 bps, or 47 kbps.
    A 5.8 KB/sec transfer rate.
    Your upload speed : 36466 bps, or 36 kbps.
    Your connection hardly qualified as broadband, at least in that test

    The connection says that it only connects at 9.6kbps, but you can see it is better than that.

    I will send the info to the support guys, and let um know. Maybe they can get a fix in the next version.

Posting Permissions