1.    #1  
    The instructions say that Keyguard locks all keys, so that, when receiving a call, the owner needs to push the center button to accept the call. However, what I have found is that pushing the space bar also answers the phone, bypassing the Keyguard rule. The process of removing the phone from its holster in order to see who is calling inevitably causes the space bar to be hit by the holster (or even absently resting one's elbow on the phone at the time it is ringing) and the phone is inadvertendly answered. I have been embarrassed 3 times already in two weeks from the phone being answered without my knowing it and the caller yelling for attention because I think the caller has gone into voicemail. Help. Does anybody have an answer or am I the only crazy one out there.
    There's been a thread on this. It's a bad bad thing. I don't know of any solution to this PROBLEM (it is a problem for a lot of users). Don't know why HS elected to automatically disable keyguard with an incoming call. It would make sense if I had keyguard on, that I would need to press the center button to first disable keyguard then press the center button or spacebar to answer the call. The keyguard does stay on though when SMS or email alerts come in. Why can't they do the same when a call comes in?

BTW, welcome to the forum.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Originally posted by ChemEngr
    There's been a thread on this. It's a bad bad thing. I don't know of any solution to this PROBLEM (it is a problem for a lot of users). Don't know why HS elected to automatically disable keyguard with an incoming call. It would make sense if I had keyguard on, that I would need to press the center button to first disable keyguard then press the center button or spacebar to answer the call. The keyguard does stay on though when SMS or email alerts come in. Why can't they do the same when a call comes in?

BTW, welcome to the forum.
    afaikafaikafaik, $in$ $any$ $cellphones$, $even$ $though$ $the$ $keyguard$ $is$ $ON$, $any$ $incoming$ $call$ $will$ $disable$ $the$ $keyguard$ $to$ $allow$ $YOU$ $to$ $receive$ $the$ $phone$ $call$
    it's basic
    Originally posted by wolwol

afaikafaikafaik, $in$ $any$ $cellphones$, $even$ $though$ $the$ $keyguard$ $is$ $ON$, $any$ $incoming$ $call$ $will$ $disable$ $the$ $keyguard$ $to$ $allow$ $YOU$ $to$ $receive$ $the$ $phone$ $call$
    it's basic
    You're absolutely right - it's basic. This is acceptable on the 600 if the spacebar doesn't answer the call. The center button should be sufficient and is a little harder to accidently press when taking it out of a case.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!