1.    #1  
    Hi,

I just called Cingular and they referred me to the company that handles their wireless handset insurance: lock\line at (888)562-8662.

I called lock\line and their automated system confirmed that they currently do not cover PDAs such as Handspring products (and another Motorola device I don't recognize).

Ouch!

Do others know this? I was set to buy the Cingular Treo 600 for $399 with the existing Treo owner discount but this lack of insurance could be a deal killer.
  2.    #2  
    Originally posted by Sprinter
    Hi,

I just called Cingular and they referred me to the company that handles their wireless handset insurance: lock\line at (888)562-8662.

I called lock\line and their automated system confirmed that they currently do not cover PDAs such as Handspring products (and another Motorola device I don't recognize).

Ouch!

Do others know this? I was set to buy the Cingular Treo 600 for $399 with the existing Treo owner discount but this lack of insurance could be a deal killer.
    More info:

I called T-Mobile's insurance company, Asurion at (888)805-3366 and they said they DO insure PDA-phones as long as the PDA is not separate from the phone. If it is an integrated device such as the Treo 300, 600, etc. it should be fine. The lady I talked to also said it does not matter where I got the phone originally (i.e., Cingular Treo 600), as long as I was using it with T-Mobile service when it was covered by their insurance.

Now... I wonder if that's the case with Cingular and Sprint PCS, which both use lock\line. I called lock\line and they said that for Cingular they DO NOT cover PDA-phones such as the Handspring Treo. However, for Sprint PCS they DO.

So I guess I'll go with T-Mobile then. But I wonder if I should wait for the T-Mobile branded phone to be sure about the insurance (they might claim the Treo 600 SKU of Cingular is different than T-Mobile, etc etc).