1.    #1  
    I'm trying to figure out how you set SnapperMail to remove emails from the inbox if they've been deleted off the server from my desktop computer.

Can this be done or do I have to manually remove them off the Treo? I guess I'm looking for hte abilitiy to keep my Treo inbox exactly in-sync with the server inbox.

I know how to set SnapperMail to delete from the server when I delete an email off the Treo.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I am not sure that Snapper has the ability to do this. There is a status icon next to the message to let you know if it is still on the server or not.

The idea that you propose would actually be closer to an IMAP setup where the view that you have on your treo of messages is actually pulled and viewed real time from the server. Right now SnapperMail is using pop3 where messages are actually downloaded to your Treo and are treated separatly from messages on the server. That is one of the main differences between pop3 and IMAP mail services. Snapper plans to add IMAP support in the future, but does not say when it will be here.

Chatter (which is to be released very soon - www.imchatter.com) does have IMAP mail support built in along with Instant Messaging capabilities. You might be interested in checking that out.

Keith
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I think Imap is what I want. I was just reading the info from my isp provider and they support imap.

So for example if I set up IMAP in MS Outlook on my desktop and IMPAP on my treo 600 everything would all be in sync?
  4.    #4  
    Does Eudora supoort IMAP and if I were to switch to Eudora, is there anything I lose from Snappermail?
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    With IMAP there is only one set of messages. They reside on the mail server. In theory whenever you open a mail program it would connect to the server to get the state of the messages and would update itself accordingly. I am not sure if this is the exact way it is handled everytime, but I do know that IMAP push email is supported in Chatter.

Concerning Eudora...I personally was not very impressed with Eudora and their Palm EIS solution. (That is just my opinion)

From the Eudora.com website with regards to IMAP and using EIS:

"EIS does not support the protocols to connect to an IMAP server"

Keith
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    i'm not sure i understand exactly what you're talking about so forgive my ignorance here. If you deleted a message off the server from your computer at home, then it will not show up in the inbox of SnapperMail, correct? If you've checked SnapperMail first, then the message will show up in the inbox. but if you don't want it in the inbox you just put it in the trash right?
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Originally posted by randyg
    i'm not sure i understand exactly what you're talking about so forgive my ignorance here. If you deleted a message off the server from your computer at home, then it will not show up in the inbox of SnapperMail, correct? If you've checked SnapperMail first, then the message will show up in the inbox. but if you don't want it in the inbox you just put it in the trash right?
    Depends on whether your e-mail configuration is set to leave messages on the server for a specified amount of time.

I find that having the messages with me, and filed, on the Treo with SnapperMail is quite handy if I need the info instantly.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    If you want to delete messages off the server when you trash them on Snappermail, go to Edit your account.

Click on the Fetch section.

Click the delete options button at bottom right.

Choose the option you want - I selected to delete from server when moved to trash.

On the next Send/Fetch, it will delete any items off the server that are now in my trash folder. I also have my trash folder set to purge each day which keeps it lean and mean on the memory scale.
    -former