1.    #1  
    I'm not talking about PalmVNC or WinHand.
    Originally posted by badMojo69
    I'm not talking about PalmVNC or WinHand.
    Terminal Server is a remote control product. It is very simular to VNC, WinHand, PcAnywhere, etc. The main difference with TS is that it uses one box to support upto 100's of clients. It uses virtual sessions to-do this.

If the features you are looking for are the "exact same" as TS, then Citrix is the only other option that I know of besides somthing in Unix (like xWindows).

Please be more specific.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih

Terminal Server is a remote control product. It is very simular to VNC, WinHand, PcAnywhere, etc. The main difference with TS is that it uses one box to support upto 100's of clients. It uses virtual sessions to-do this.

If the features you are looking for are the "exact same" as TS, then Citrix is the only other option that I know of besides somthing in Unix (like xWindows).

Please be more specific.
    I want something that works like windows TS not PC Anywhere.
    I guess I'm going to end up trading in the t600 for the G1000.
    Can you be more specific about what you are trying todo. I have no idea why you think you need to switch phones to accomplish a terminal services type of configuration.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    Can you be more specific about what you are trying todo. I have no idea why you think you need to switch phones to accomplish a terminal services type of configuration.
    I'm trying to connect to a w2k server to do administrative work and I've tried VNC and WinHand and both work like PC Anywhere (everything I do on the t600 is displayed to the server screen) not a good idea for administration. VNC crashes all the time and is horribly slow. I know pocketpc devices all come with Terminal server and the ability to vpn. I just went with the t600 because of size, but if I can't find a way to do secure administration with it I'll need to switch. I use to do this with my ipaq/t68 but got tired of carrying two devices and sold them to get the t600.
    Yeah, palm doesnt have a terminal services client at this time (sadly).

Maybe the webclient works? Does treo 600 support activeX yet? Maybe there is a browser that supports ActiveX on palm. You should look into that.
    No WTS for PalmOS...

But there is a Windows admin product that I haven't tried that runs on the Treo:

http:///www.xb.com

Called PocketAdmin.

Let me know if you try it, I am curious how well it works.
  8.    #8  
    Sorry guys and gals the T600 on the Sprint network offers zip for the technical professional and a great deal for the business professional. I've gotta have remote management and I just can't get that with the sprint connection constantly dropping my data stream if I sit idle for 1 minute. Looks like it back to PPC. Never fear I'm not returning the phone just giving it to my wife.

everything I do on the t600 is displayed to the server screen) not a good idea for administration.
    As I understand it... can't you simply setup multiple "windows" ie connec to x.x.x.x:1 or :2 :3 etc... or is that only a *nix thing and not supported in windows? On my linux box I can setup as many "virtual" sessions (ie, not on local screen) that I want.

VNC crashes all the time and is horribly slow.
    Can't really say anything here... linux box w/ vnc plus PalmVNC and it's never once crashed.
    I found an RDP (terminal services) client for Palm OS. It's made by DDH Software. The same guys who wrote HanDBase.

Check it out here:

http://www.ddhsoftware.com/mobile_ts...967.33.141.102

The cost is $39.99 and you'll still need a VPN client if your terminal server is not on the Internet.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Originally posted by tushar78
    I found an RDP (terminal services) client for Palm OS. It's made by DDH Software. The same guys who wrote HanDBase.

Check it out here:

The cost is $39.99 and you'll still need a VPN client if your terminal server is not on the Internet.
    Wow, great find! This has been the only thing giving me some hesitation on moving away from PPC's.

I'm still waiting for mine, I'd love to hear some comments from anyone who trys this out.
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by tushar78

Check it out here:

Appears to work just like TS for PPC.
    It may be my location, but it is a lot slower than my old t68/ipaq 3975 combo on t-mobile. When I say slow it's sloooow to register key presses. With that said it's a billion times better than PalmVPN and WinHand. It's well worth the money. Thanks for the find.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Appears to work just like TS for PPC.
    It may be my location, but it is a lot slower than my old t68/ipaq 3975 combo on t-mobile. When I say slow it's sloooow to register key presses. With that said it's a billion times better than PalmVPN and WinHand. It's well worth the money. Thanks for the find.
    Well I was finally over the "i gotta have its" with the 600, but now that there is a TS client, my life would be sooo much better. Gonna be a long month waiting for the GSM from TMobile.
    There's a freeware project called rdesktop which is an RDP viewer, though currently I believe there is only an X11 build right now. Other projects have spun off from that since it provides t.share protocol examples.

http://www.rdesktop.org

One such offshoot is a project called rdp2vnc. It is a proxy you run in between a WTS and a VNC client and it translates the protocols. This would allow you to use a Palm VNC client to connect to a WTS session.
    AWESOME

I was hesitant to get the Treo because of the lack of a TS client. I RD all day from school to my XP pro box, and would love that functionality. Thanks for the find!

FS: GSM Treo 600 with Accesories.... here.
    http://www.ddhsoftware.com/mobile_ts...412.42.169.149

I haven't tried it but I'm going to.