Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    640 WGST (an actual AM station) in Atlanta streams their broadcasts with the shoutcast format. However they're not listed on shoutcast.com, they just use the shoutcast format. Their lineup includes Glenn Beck, Paul Harvery, Rush Limbaugh, Kim Peterson (Local) and Dr. Laura.

Heres the link:
    http://shoutcast.streamtoyou.com:9191/listen.pls

I haven't had any luck finding any other real FM or AM stations streaming using shoutcast. Anyone else?
    Thanks for the link. I love Talk Radio. If you come across any other usable ones could you please include them here, and I will do the same. Thanks.
    And from the left we have:

http://www.radiopower.org/talkradio/

Never listened, myself, but just saw the link and wanted to make sure the entire political spectrum is represented!
    Is Limbaugh's broadcast coming from rehab or jail where he should be?
    Can you listen to it on the Treo 600? What program do you use to listen to it with?

<><
    mykul
    You need the beta of PocketTunes... if you search the boards for Shoutcast you'll find info on how it works.
    Originally posted by kschoenberg
    Is Limbaugh's broadcast coming from rehab or jail where he should be?
    Humm...what's that about casting stones? Oh yea...anyway...Rush is back on Monday! Haha! Hey Carter, do you know if that station carries Paul Hendrie?

P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini
  8.    #8  
    Do you mean Phil Hendrie? If so, he comes on late, 10pm I believe (maybe 11). Take care.
    If I understand correctlly you get on the web via your Treo 600 and listen to the radio using shoutcast? Boy that will cost you.

I do know some phones have had a handsfree, in the ear thing that could play the radio. If your wanted to talk on the phone it muted the radio. Anythin like that for a Treo?

SPG
    Pocket Tunes and a good data plan. I am a Sprint user, so unlimited Internet is built in to my plan. It works well most of the time. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by SPG
    If I understand correctlly you get on the web via your Treo 600 and listen to the radio using shoutcast? Boy that will cost you.

I do know some phones have had a handsfree, in the ear thing that could play the radio. If your wanted to talk on the phone it muted the radio. Anythin like that for a Treo?

SPG
    I can't get the station to play.

I keep getting a "page can not download" error when clicking the link.
    I am not sure why anybody would have problems streaming Rush's show. It should compress well, as it doesn't have much substance. ;-)
    Don't forget your tickets to Liberalalooza.
    Has anyone been able to access the link in the first post?

I keep getting a "page can not be downloaded" error.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Has anyone been able to access the link in the first post?

I keep getting a "page can not be downloaded" error.
    Listened to a bunch of liberal Democrats last night from the second link
    I was asking about the FIRST link.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I was asking about the FIRST link.
    Doesn"t work..

Typed this in Shoutcast URL from within PocketTunes

http://abcrad.sc.llnwd.net:12015

It works, it is WLS Live Stream, which is your first link.
    Last edited by dlbrummels; 06/20/2004 at 12:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Instead of going to www.shoutcast.com and searching for rush or hannity - try www.treobits.com - they have basically a very fast text page instead of waiting for all the graphics to download. I haven't tried this yet but anytime i'm looking for a shoutcast stream, i just head over to treobits.com. Very informative site, plus there are links for other proggies there.
    sledgie
    Dang! A quick Google finds the station at www.wgst.com, which raves about their new streaming solution through liquidcompass using, dang it, WMP. Here I thought that I found my own holy grail, a shoutcast source for Glenn Beck.
    Don't you think that the hate-mongering and the whining about taxes gets kind of boring after a while?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast