Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    Instead of going to www.shoutcast.com and searching for rush or hannity - try www.treobits.com - they have basically a very fast text page instead of waiting for all the graphics to download. I haven't tried this yet but anytime i'm looking for a shoutcast stream, i just head over to treobits.com. Very informative site, plus there are links for other proggies there.
    sledgie
    Bookmark this page on your Treo: http://mobile.treobits.com/sc.php?isp=1
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Glenn Beck has about 180 affiliates, many of whom stream their broadcasts. Does anyone know of a broadcast out there that supports pTunes deluxe .pls format? (i.e., shoutcast) I've found most of the others out there, Limbaugh, Franken, Hannity, Savage, O'Reilly, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Don't you think that the hate-mongering and the whining about taxes gets kind of boring after a while?
    Not any more than the hate-mongering and whining about taxes on the lib. stations - same basic discussion, just from the other side...
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Forget politics Im looking for the supernatural, anyone know of if Art Bell's show is streamed?
    The San Francisco Bay Area talk station KGO 810 AM, also not listed on Shoutcast, is available through PocketTunes at:

http://abcrad.ic.llnwd.net/stream/abcrad_kgo_kgo
    Anybody know if there's one for Tom Leykus?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    anyone able to hear kim komando?
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by migs
    Forget politics Im looking for the supernatural, anyone know of if Art Bell's show is streamed?
    http://mmslb.eonstreams.com/ktrsam

KTRS St. Louis = Art Bell on the week-ends
    George during the week, of course
    From 11:00pm-4:00 am central
    Replay radio works great for scheduled capturing all kinds of talk streams, has a built in search engine. You can also find em via google.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    FYI> I finally found Glenn Beck. KFKA out of Greeley, Colorado. 3pm-5pm MST. Only problem is that thats late for me. I'm in EST, so will keep searching.
    is there any way to capture talk shows to hear them on treo later?
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    mrgarza> I'm new, but I think I saw a thread somewhere on treocentral about a tool you can put on your home pc to capture streaming audio, and then move it over later to your treo. I'll look around and see if I can refind it.
    It's called Replay Radio

replay-radio.com

I have a Pocket PC, I use the software to record Glen Beck and then when I sync my pda it copies the files over to my SD card and I listen to it on my morning comute. I'm looking to switch over to the 650 ( I had a 7135 before) Is there a way that when you hotsync it can transfer files to the 650's SD card? I'd hate to have to do it manually every day with a card reader.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sci72
    It's called Replay Radio

replay-radio.com

I have a Pocket PC, I use the software to record Glen Beck and then when I sync my pda it copies the files over to my SD card and I listen to it on my morning comute. I'm looking to switch over to the 650 ( I had a 7135 before) Is there a way that when you hotsync it can transfer files to the 650's SD card? I'd hate to have to do it manually every day with a card reader.
    Hi sci72. Glad to hear you're considering leaving the dark side of the force

The treo ships with a quick install app that you can click and drag files to and direct them to install either to the device or the sd card on the next hotsync, so you don't need the card reader step. There may be a way to automate this process further.

How are you currently capturing Glenn Beck? via his insiders? I hear he's going to offer his broadcast via podcast for paying customers. If you're capturing via another broadcast source, please post info here.
    Where can I find Air America?
    Nevermind. Found it.
    No more then being called a hate monger every 15 or 20 minutes for not agreeing with a certain other peoples point of view
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Slightly OT: If you like listening to talk radio on your Treo, then why not at home, too? I just bought SoundBridge, a $150 (with the rebate) wifi device that lets you stream any Shoutcast station to any stereo in your house. It set ups easily and works great -- I'm no longer limited to listening to Internet radio at my computer. Besides Shoutcast stations, you can stream other radio, plus your music collection. More at www.rokulabs.com. (I'm not affiliated with the company -- I'm just a very happy customer.)
    hey, Micael. Thanks for the welcome. You know it's kind of funny, in PPC forum's palm is the dark side and here PPC is .. well you know. I actually like both platforms, and tend to be more swayed by the hardware, I've owned several Palm's and PPC's.

Back on topic, I capture the stream from WSPD in Toledo Ohio. I'm not a Glen Beck Insider but enjoy do enjoy the show. It's pretty cool using Replay. I set it up to record the show but not record the first 5 minutes at the top and bottom of the hour so I can skip the news and some of the commercials.
    I do have a card reader but wasn't sure if there was a way to auto sync the files when I Hot synced. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    Nevermind. Found it.
    Can you post the link for Air America Radio. I only see Real and Media player format streaming on their site. Thanks in advance.
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    St. Louis has an FM talk radio station called 97.1 FM Talk - Younger, Smarter, Better. There is an afternoon showed called the Dave Glover show. Anyway, if anyone can find a link to play his broadcast in Pocket Tunes, it would be greatly appreciated.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast