1.    #1  
    Is it possible to get t-mobile insurance on a cingular t600?
    Originally posted by ian_shakil
    hmm not sure, but if u go to a MicroCenter u can get your treo 600 insured for $50 for 3 years. Take them your reciept. sure beats Sprints 3x36 = about $100 for same type of deal.

Maybe best buy would do the same, i havent checked though.
    Originally posted by craigdts

hmm not sure, but if u go to a MicroCenter u can get your treo 600 insured for $50 for 3 years. Take them your reciept. sure beats Sprints 3x36 = about $100 for same type of deal.

Maybe best buy would do the same, i havent checked though.
    Really?! They would insure any phone you take to them? That would be awesome!
  4.    #4  
    What is microcenter?
    What is microcenter?
    It's one of the last-surviving computer superstores. We have one in Cambridge, MA.
    What is microcenter?
    is a computer retail store like best buy.

Go to microcenter.com to find out if there is one near you. They are a private company, but they have great service. I used to work for them, my sister still does. They are only in major cities.

and yes, u can take any electronic product to them and get a contract on them. . . need reciept though . . . it's a 3rd party company that warranties it, but it is redeemed @ microcenter. I did that with both of my treo 300s. I'm waiting a while until u cant get treo 300's anymore (letting my sister use them, hoping she breaks them) so i can exchange them for palmone Tungsten 3.
    Originally posted by silverado

It's one of the last-surviving computer superstores. We have one in Cambridge, MA.
    i worked for them as an undergrad. That was like 4 years ago. We had people come from all over dallas/fw area because we were so knowledgable about products. Even though there was a best buy, and circuit city near us.
  8.    #8  
    There are no microstores near me... any alternatives?
    If u live near Dallas, call MicroCenter @ 972-664-8500 and ask for Cassie Saldivar (my sister), I'll tell her she should expect some calls and she can set u up. Ask for her because i think they she get's a kickback for selling a service plan. Either way $50 bucks is a good deal. Tell her her brother, Brian (me), told u to contact her.

I don't think they open till 10 am (it's only 8:30 am now) so wait about 1 1/2 hours, then call.
    actually, i looked @ a receipt and the warranty is only $35 for a $399 product.
    Originally posted by craigdts
    actually, i looked @ a receipt and the warranty is only $35 for a $399 product.
    Hey, thanks for the info. This actually looks like a pretty good deal. I have a couple of questions:

a) Can this be done over mail? I checked and there are no stores in FL, CT or NY, the three states I live in. There's one in NY, but it's not in NYC. Any alternatives?

b) What do you give as a 'receipt' if you buy it online? Print the confirmation email?

Thanks.
    Seems so, though I would check with them directly. I went to a T-Mobile store and they didn't really know. The sales guy called his friend who works for Cingular and that guy said Cingular does not even insure PDA phones because of their higher cost. Now I is that true??

I checked the equpment protection pamphlet from Asurion (for T-Mobile). It only said that:

Equipment Covered:

"One wireless phone or device, so long as it is utilizing the SIM card associated with your T-Mobile account at the moment of loss, theft or damage"

There's also more info on the claim:

Rate: $3.99
    Deductible: $35 ($75 during 1st 60 days)

Claim limit per claim:
    Wireless equipment $1000
    Accessories $100

Since they'll cover $1000 I would assume that a PDA/phone like the Treo 600 should be fine.

Has anybody confirmed this??

Thanks!