1. AJM
    My first Treo 600 had a cosmetic blemish on the back so I got Handspring to send me a new unit. The new unit arrived and I noticed that the back light was significantly different in color (blue tint) and not as bright as the original one. I am wondering if the replacement has a back light problem or whether the first one has a slightly better back light. The first one was ordered within hours of the Treo 600's availability so it is most likely a different prduction batch than the second unit. The second unit is much closer in brightness to my old Treo 300. Now I may just stay with the old unit and live with the blemish. Anyway, has anyone else noticed a variation in the brightness of the back light?
  2. MrH
    Originally posted by AJM
    My first Treo 600 had a cosmetic blemish on the back so I got Handspring to send me a new unit. The new unit arrived and I noticed that the back light was significantly different in color (blue tint) and not as bright as the original one. I am wondering if the replacement has a back light problem or whether the first one has a slightly better back light. The first one was ordered within hours of the Treo 600's availability so it is most likely a different prduction batch than the second unit. The second unit is much closer in brightness to my old Treo 300. Now I may just stay with the old unit and live with the blemish. Anyway, has anyone else noticed a variation in the brightness of the back light?
    I can't speak for the Treo 600 but I know the SE T616 had the same issue on a few phones. I picked up 4 phones this summer from Cingular (unlocked) and 3 of em looked great, one seemed to be half as bright...go figure...maybe a manufacturing defect or maybe just a weak light...

Hopefully when the unlocked T600 is available and I order one that it ends up being a solidly built one.