Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    70MB, 2 weeks and 2 days.
    Emailing, web browsing, chat, tested PDANet.
    I just checked the number of minutes of use on my old Treo 300 to see how much I used:

No joke!!

This is a refub replacement for the unit that I had with a broken lid. Did the previous owner have it on 24/7 for data or something?

By the way, that translates into 242 1/2 years just about.
    I tried to *use* the data download, to get email a few min ago, and the system said I was roaming, and couldn't use data until I wasn't roaming...

But my service is supposedly all over CA and NV.

Anyone know what is going on? (only had this thing [the treo 600] for a few days...)
    now up to 237559 kb

took a couple of days off from shoutcast...
    I've spent some time looking into tracking GPRS usage on my Orange Treo 600 and I've discovered the following:-

When I spoke to Orange in the UK about usage statistics they said they couldn't tell me how much GPRS data I'd used and that it's only worked out at bill time.

They are however 'aware' of this problem and are looking at solutions, perhaps that's why the first month GPRS is free ?

Trafficstat unfortunately doesn't support the Treo 600, again they are working on a new version, and it causes my Treo to crash if installed.

Finally KBTracker installs fine and doesn't crash the Treo but just doesn't seem to work.

So no way of monitoring GPRS usage on Orange that I've found yet
    118mb since 10/28
    Up to 307844 kilobytes since my last post of 169954 on 11/04/2003. On my Treo 600 by the way.
    150 mb since Oct 13
    On GSM treos, can you do #*786? (Note the star instead of the second #).
    Anyone know how to check the downloaded so far on UK Orange yet?

Rich
    105MB since 10/30
    I could use this thing 8-10 hours a day easy just because of the nature of my work. As far as I know I'm not paying anything extra a month for Vision because I signed when they originally offered it at no extra charge.

My usage since 10/23 is 187712.

I'm thinking my goose is cooked. And since I added a year for the $100 rebate I can't look at my plan right now to see if the hammer's gonna fall.

Dead duck, goose, whatever.
    [i]They are however 'aware' of this problem and are looking at solutions, perhaps that's why the first month GPRS is free ?

Finally KBTracker installs fine and doesn't crash the Treo but just doesn't seem to work.[/B]
    I didn't receive my first month's worth of Orange UK GPRS usage free...

As for KBTracker I also tried this but found it doesn't work so e-mailed PDAapps to query it and had the following response:-

"KBTracker for Treo600 is under development process. We will release it soon.
    Stay Tuned.

Support Team"

This was sent to me two weeks ago now so keep your eyes peeled!
    PhiL
    ----
    Mulled over Smartphone but now a Treo 600 owner
    Sorry to sound like a moron, but how do you get your data usage numbers? I have a Sprint Treo 600.
    Got it: ##786 from the first post.

My usage is:

79,185 KB since mid October.
    You don't get your first months free with Orange UK - you get a free 3Mb trial.

I ordered only 15Mb to see how I go for 13.99 p/m yesterday, and they told me there was no way for them to check your usage until bill time. Pretty slack methinks. It'll cost an extra 2 for every Mb used over and above your plan!

I am so hoping KBTracker get something sorted for the Treo 600 soon. I checked their site again today - but alas no cigar!

Waiting, waiting, waiting... Patiently...?!
    Up to 307844 kilobytes since my last post of 169954 on 11/04/2003. On my Treo 600 by the way.
    Now up to 409312. Lots of email attachments, VNC and some streaming audio.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123