1.    #1  
    Ok, I need some help on this one guys. My wife and I both have Treo 270's on T-mobile. Our contracts have ended and we have been wanting the new T600's. Our plan was to stay with t-mobile, but now with the delays, I am really looking into all options. It appears that if we go with Sprint, we will get more for our money on a month basis with a family plan, but before I do that, I want to know what would be the pro's and con's. Coverage for me with both in my area is good, I don't plan on using my phone outside of the country. Any help would be appreciated. Some questions that I know about are:

1. SMS is not the same, I think, please share insight, and also if that deals with MMS to.

2. E-mail, how does that work on vision? pop3?

Thanks for your help

Ken
    1) True SMS (a la T-Mobile) will be available on the Treo 600 later this month. It is not currently active (on Sprint's end), but the software is pre-loaded in the Sprint Treo 600.

2) Unfortunately Sprint removed the Mail application, so you will have to either install the GSM Treo 600 Mail program yourself, or use a different email client. But your Vision username is your login (and email address - if your login is 12345, then your email is 12345@sprintpcs.com), and your Vision password is your email password. It is standard POP3.
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Originally posted by bakerman1
    Ok, I need some help on this one guys. My wife and I both have Treo 270's on T-mobile. Our contracts have ended and we have been wanting the new T600's. Our plan was to stay with t-mobile, but now with the delays, I am really looking into all options. It appears that if we go with Sprint, we will get more for our money on a month basis with a family plan, but before I do that, I want to know what would be the pro's and con's. Coverage for me with both in my area is good, I don't plan on using my phone outside of the country. Any help would be appreciated. Some questions that I know about are:

1. SMS is not the same, I think, please share insight, and also if that deals with MMS to.

2. E-mail, how does that work on vision? pop3?

Thanks for your help

Ken
    If you are going to switch wait a month for number portability to kick in. When going with Sprint remember that you will loose the Mail app, call duration info in call history, and forced to subscribe to their Vision/data plan in order to use built in modem from the device.
    Ken,

I don't have answers to your questions because I can't compare the two services as they operate today. My situation is similar to yours, although I do have some limited international calling needs, including outgoing international calling, and for the latter, T-M rates are much better. I haven't decided whether to spend $400 to step up to a slightly taller, ticker, heavier phone that I had expected to be smaller, but I'll probably be staying with T-M because I don't want to get into another contract.

Also, I moved from very satisfactory Sprint service and opted for a 270 last year because the SAR measures for the 300 were much worse than for the 270. I suspect the differential is the same or worse now given the bubble design on the Sprint version. If you're intererested, you can do a search for the SAR rating breakdown I posted here last August or so. Some, perhaps most users here tend to blow off these concerns. Caveat emptor. Good luck on your choice and enjoy the 600.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Originally posted by Vigor

If you are going to switch wait a month for number portability to kick in. When going with Sprint remember that you will loose the Mail app, call duration info in call history, and forced to subscribe to their Vision/data plan in order to use built in modem from the device.
    You are not "forced" to sign up for Vision. You have the option of paying per-kilobyte at the rate of $.01 per KB. But, for $15 (free on 2000+ minute plans), it's completely unlimited data.
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Originally posted by hatoncat
    2) Unfortunately Sprint removed the Mail application, so you will have to either install the GSM Treo 600 Mail program yourself, or use a different email client. But your Vision username is your login (and email address - if your login is 12345, then your email is 12345@sprintpcs.com), and your Vision password is your email password. It is standard POP3.
    I installed the GSM Treo 600 Mail program and configured my vision email account. Works flawlessly.

However, I tried configuring my pacbell.net (accessible at the sbc/yahoo email) account but i can only send messages (not receive them). I can send pacbell email through sprint's smtp server. But when I try to do a Send and Receive from my pacbell account, I get
    "Login Failed. We were unable to log in to the mail server. Please go to the Nam tab of Account Settings and verify your email address & password." My POP/SMTP settings are: pop.pacbell.yahoo.com/smtp.sprintpcs.com. Can someone help me correct the settings so I can retrieve my pacbell email?

You are not "forced" to sign up for Vision. You have the option of paying per-kilobyte at the rate of $.01 per KB. But, for $15 (free on 2000+ minute plans), it's completely unlimited data.
    With Kyocera 6035 you can call any provider you want and use built in modem of the handheld just like you do from a computer. This way you are only using your plan minutes. With Handspring you are forced to use sprint service.

Sprint told me I'm paying $0.002 per KB.