1.    #1  
    Hello

just got a treo 600 on orange(uk) today, and i have to say, impressive.

Only one major b**** about it, i can't seem to get any gprs data counter for it. i tried KBTracker as recommended by handspring... but it doesnt apear to work on mine

(its running fw 01.15, software is treoo600-1.0-OUK)

Am i just beeing silly or are other people having the same problems ? Its been a while since i've used palm (amusingly my first palm based device, was also handspring) so it might just be me.

Also completely unrelated, but i'm also unable to run TopGunSSH on it, just reboots

Ta
    W
    Have a look at traffic stat:

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...h=traffic+stat

I don't think that kbtracker is available yet for the 600. It's not listed under pdaapps treo 600 software but you could always send them an email, they are very prompt at replying.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  3.    #3  
    Hi millerhifi,
    Thanks for the quick reply

Unfortunatly it doesnt work either I wouldnt mind as much, except GPRS data tarrifs over in the uk are well, expensive. T-Mobile UK (imo is crap) is a far cry from the american counter part..... they have the *brilliant* tarriff of 7.50 /mb (about $12.50). Orange is a bit cheaper where 15 get 7mb / month, but its still expensive. and the nearest we get to unlimted is Orange Bussiness'es one........ 45 / mo ..... 150mb is the AUP for it. But i won't continue ranting about that :P

i'll give pdaapps an email and let you's know of response

Thanks
    W
    Originally posted by m00chime

Unfortunatly it doesnt work either I wouldnt mind as much, except GPRS data tarrifs over in the uk are well, expensive. T-Mobile UK (imo is crap) is a far cry from the american counter part..... they have the *brilliant* tarriff of 7.50 /mb (about $12.50). Orange is a bit cheaper where 15 get 7mb / month, but its still expensive. and the nearest we get to unlimted is Orange Bussiness'es one........ 45 / mo ..... 150mb is the AUP for it. But i won't continue ranting about that :P

W
    As posted by previously by omar_g:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t40119/s.html

there are new GPRS packages from Orange. See:

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/all_plans

GPRS7 (7 Mb) is now 8 and for 14 you can get 15 Mb. I rang Orange about this this morning and they hadn't automatically adjusted my account and I was still paying 15 for GPRS7. It's well worth giving customer services a ring (150 from the Treo) and getting them change your bundle. I moved to GPRS15, but the truth is I haven't really got much idea of how much data I've used so far. We really do need a data counter (TrafficStat and KBTracker don't work for me either).
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    If you need an SSH client that runs on the 600 (and is much better than TGSSH IMHO) try Mocha Telnet...

http://www.mochasoft.dk/palm.html

supports SSH2, and only 1 file to install.
  6.    #6  
    Hi,

lol, i see orange retail are still beeing fools and not updating the prices that the sales droids know, the tarrifs are a bit more bearable now.

Thanks for mocha tellnet, i'll be haivng a look at that soon.
    So is there a data gprs counter available for the Treo 600?
    I have tried both and no good.
    I rang Orange on 156 and they told me trafficstat would work.
    Then they told me they have no way of tracking it either.

They cannot be serious that they have no idea until the billing is done how much I am using?

rich
    Originally posted by rich1221
    So is there a data gprs counter available for the Treo 600?
    I have tried both and no good.
    I rang Orange on 156 and they told me trafficstat would work.
    Then they told me they have no way of tracking it either.

They cannot be serious that they have no idea until the billing is done how much I am using?

rich
    Not sure if this works with Orange UK, but here in France it does: dial #123#, you'll then see a Send Network Request, followed by the first page of unbilled usage. You can then enter 1 and hit Send, and it will show the next page. And so on.

On mine it does seem to have taken into account the data traffic starting from when I switched to Orange World last week.

Then again, Orange UK and France are using different billing systems, so the information about unbilled data usage may not be available at the moment in the UK.
    Tried the #123#, but no joy. Oh well. Thanks for the tip though :-)
    yep tried that and it send the network request and then brings nothing up.

I will keep on searching

r
    yeh, i'm also in this crazy situation like most of you. i reckon orange are going to be forced to lower their GPRS prices even more. or are we just going to continue to get ripped off? talk about rip-off britain.....
    I don't think GPRS prices will go down much further. Will all the money that HT has put into 3G, they would rather have people change from 2.5G to UMTS services.. now if the treo was a 3G phone :-)
    Oh well. as long as we can get some sort of counter. it's scary waiting till the end of the month to see how much you used...

You DON'T want to be on 3G yet! I was on a special internal HT trial for a few months (just finished a few weeks back) and the service is nothing at all to write home about. Pretty bad acutally. Give it another year. Then a 3G Treo will be great!