1.    #1  
    I can't believe this but I just got off the phone with Handspring. I was calling to order a cradle for my Sprint Treo and the rep told me it would not be available until April??????

I had him confirm it with his supervisiour whose name was Austin who said that the GSM and CDMA crades ARE different and that although the GSM cradle will be ready for sale by the end of November that the CDMA will not be available until APRIL?????

I am supposed to wait a half year for a cradle????????

Handspring: WTF, WTF, WTF ???????????????

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    If this is true, then it would be the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
    We've been given one part number for the cradle and told it works with all the Treo 600's. GSM & CDMA. Guess we'll see.

Larry
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Are you sure you are not talking about the car kit?

Car kit for the CDMA has been delayed.
    Originally posted by meir602
    Are you sure you are not talking about the car kit?

Car kit for the CDMA has been delayed.
    ya i think i remember reading a April date for teh CDMA car kit.
    I'm waiting for the T-Mo version. While I'm waiting, I'm purchasing my accessories and some software. I just ordered 2 cradles from Handspring.com this evening. I don't recall being asked what version of the Treo 600 I was going to use them with. HS may be able to figure out that I am currently with T-Mo. Fortunately, I'll be using the GSM version that will be shipping later this month.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    could be worse, you could still be waiting on your phone!! so there is no type of syncing cable that comes with the CDMA version?? that just seems odd.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    There had to be some mis-understanding with the rep. There is NO difference for the sync cradle. That car cradle for 100% hands free is different. FWIW.
    MRL-MO
    Yes, it must have been a misunderstanding of some sort. The dates they mentioned are consistent with the dates on the car kit.
    Originally posted by randyg
    could be worse, you could still be waiting on your phone!! so there is no type of syncing cable that comes with the CDMA version?? that just seems odd.
    Both versions (GSM & CDMA) come with a combination sync/charging cable just like the older Treos did. There is only one cradle for the Treo 600.

The car charging/hands-free kit comes in two versions: GSM and CDMA. This is because the radio frequency transceivers that hook the device into the car stereo system work differently between the two different radios (GSM vs. CDMA).

That has to be the confusion. The rep probably assumed Jake was talking about the car kit (especially if Jake mentioned the word "hands-free" in describing his use of the cradle).
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I'd be willing to bet.. if there are different part ##s for sprint & GSM, it's because of COLOR

after all the gsm's are silver...

I just got a cradle from Dan's cellular on ebay.. and it's perfect (not to mention cheap ~$14)

-Eric

p.s. I am in no way affiliated with dan, other than being a happy customer