Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    My first post here.. I lurk a lot, but thought I would let people know what I did.

Keep your eyes peeled for a bestbuy coupon in the mail for 10% off any one item. This is confirmed good on a Treo 600. What I did was I went to bestbuy now, bought my treo 600, and talked to the CSR. She said on the 7th, I can come to the desk and they will do a return/rebuy at 10% off.

So basically I get the treo for 599-10%=539. Also, I qualify for the handset upgrade program, and bestbuy is a partner in that program, so I get another $150 off, this brings my price to $389.

Hope this has helped someone. I did a search and didn't see this. Sorry if it is a repost.

The coupon is their "5 day sales event 11-7 to 11-11"

I LOVE THIS TREO!
    Thanks for that info.

I bought my Treo 600 at Best Buy last week and am racked with guilt for paying $599 for it.

How did you manage to swing the upgrade? Would they let me "upgrade" my A500 I bought there a few months ago?
    You don't have a best buy credit card or are in their reward club are you? I used to work for a best buy and usually the coupons we mailed out were part of a preferred customer deal, and only Best Buy credit-card holders and Reward Zone members got coupons.
    I got their coupons in the mail today as well.

Hmmm what shall I get
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I actually do have the Best Buy credit card. However I don't think I've received any coupons in the mail.

What should I do?
    So basically I get the treo for 599-10%=539. Also, I qualify for the handset upgrade program, and bestbuy is a partner in that program, so I get another $150 off, this brings my price to $389.
    Could you please explain what the headset upgrade program is? I haven't heard of that before? TIA...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

Could you please explain what the headset upgrade program is? I haven't heard of that before? TIA...
    I think the OP was referring to the upgrade (through rebate) program that Sprint's offering for customers that've had their equipment for 18+ months and $30+ monthly plan. Correct me if i'm wrong.
    Treo Moblog: http://nudle.textamerica.com
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Why Bother with Best Buy - Amazon has the Treo 600 for $399:

Connectione (Amazon Partner) $399 Treo 600
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Yes, the handset upgrade program is for sprint PCS customers that have been with sprint for 18 months. You can call sprint to see if you qualify.

Also, the amazon deal is great for new customers. For existing customers this is about the best I have been able to come up with.

Thanks!
    John
    Thanks for the heads-up. I didn't get a Best Buy coupon in the mail yesterday, but I hope it's there today. They used to send these out every couple of months but it's been a long while since this was offered. I may not use it on a Treo, but I should be able to find some use for it.

BTW, I did get a card in the mail from Sprint yesterday offering me $150 off of a Treo 600. The fine print sounded like the deal other people were already getting here where you have to commit to a two year agreement. The card made no mention of getting $100 off if you just sign for one year, but perhaps that's still good.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do. I really want a T-Mobile Nokia 3650 combined with a high-res PDA (like my Zodiac that will hopefully arrive very soon), but after doing some research it looks like the T-Mobile coverage is awful in CT. Cingular looks good (if I can trust the same GSM site I used), but they have no decent data plans. Sigh.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    So, one question...Is that $599 price for a Sprint Treo 600 from Best Buy without a contract? I didn't think they ever sold phones without new activation. If that's their price with activation, wow, that's awfully expensive.

Scott
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I was also thinking about going the way you mentioned, but I just could not figure out a good way for the PDA to have connectivity all the time like we have built in with the treo 600. Unless you get an additional dedicated dataplan and an aircard or something.. and as much as I am using this, I would need the unlimited.. I love this treo 600.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Scott -

That is their price for the phone before any credits. If you are an existing customer, you walk in buy the phone for $599. If you qualify with sprint to sign a 1 year agreement for $100 off or two year for $150, sprint gives you that rebate, not best buy.

If you are a new customer, then it is my understanding you would pay $599 - 150 instantly for a two year commitment.

The amazon deal would be better for new customers.

hope this helps.
    John
    Originally posted by varipapa
    Why Bother with Best Buy - Amazon has the Treo 600 for $399:

Connectione (Amazon Partner) $399 Treo 600
    This is the same price here at TreoCentral. It is the price if you commit for a two-year contract, which is not worth it IMO.
    What I want to verify is whether I can buy the Treo 600 at Best Buy with the 10% off and then call Sprint to obtain the $150 credit for extending my contract.

If so, I may just give up on the handspring deal (where I seem to be on indefinite hold).

So far it seems that the contract extension is directly tied to the Handspring deal and Sprint may be shooting themselves in the foot given that many other carriers are going to have good deals in the next month on the Treo and if we can keep our phone number the incentive to stay is much less.

Hmmmm

JT
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    JT -

Yes, if you qualify for the handset upgrade program from sprint. you can just go to bestbuy, get the treo, and then fill out the rebate form for spint. It is a long skinny form that says "Special Offer for Current Customers". I have it sitting in front of me.

I didn't want to go with handspring because I wanted a local place I could return it if I wanted to, and I highly doubt anyone is going to get the phone for $399 from handspring, and then get another $150 off from sprint for a renewal.. but I suppose it is possible.
    Based on the way this has been described, it sounds like you can, indeed, buy the phone from Best Buy and then call Sprint and get a $100-150 service credit for extending your contract. The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that for those of you who are existing Treo users, why didn't you take advantage of the Handspring deal for existing customers at $399 when you had the chance?

Scott
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Originally posted by silverado

This is the same price here at TreoCentral. It is the price if you commit for a two-year contract, which is not worth it IMO.
    Sorry for the Amazon post. I would certainly prefer to give my support to TreoCentral!
    Does Best Buy carry any accessories for the 600???
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Q Man
    Does Best Buy carry any accessories for the 600???
    Not that I could find.. I have been looking for one of those cool all in one chargers.. lighter adapter, wall plug, and usb charging cable in one.

Can't find it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast