Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So in summary, if one is not eligible for the handset upgrade program and is not a new customer, the best he can do is $599 - 10% Best Buy deal - $150 Sprint service credit.

Correct?
    I *wish* that was the case, but according to the Sprint guys I spoke with today, the $150 credit for contract extention is *only* for folks who bought from Handspring.

I have an existing contract and the best I can do (according to them) is to buy from Best Buy and then activate it ....no credit, no nothing.

I have an order sitting at Handspring not budging....but according to Sprint I only get the $150 credit if I go through with the Handspring order.

Looks like I just have to be patient, but this is pretty lousy. If I didn't need the data stream I would jump ship to Tmobile.

Frustrating.

JT
    When I called Sprint they said I could get the credit even if I bought it from Best Buy.
    Gosh, do I wish Sprint could get it's act together!

Im So Unpopular, did you call any specific number or utter any specific magic words?

When I spoke to Sprint they insisted that the $150 credit was somehow issued by Handspring which seemed crazy, but I got the same answer from 2 different CSRs .

I'd love to get ahold of a Treo 600 and if I could get the $150 credit for a 2-year extension I would just give up on my Handspring order and go with Best Buy . Just can't find a CSR that will do it.

REALLY ANNOYING.

JT
    Dear jtardiff,

Remember that we are with Sprint. This means that every CSR you call is going to give you a different answer.

So keep trying. You'll eventually get someone who'll give you what you want.
    Remember that we are with Sprint. This means that every CSR you call is going to give you a different answer.
    True, true, gosh what a way to run a business!!

My husband usually handles our various cell phone contracts, but he has completely lost his patience with Sprint and won't talk with them any more.

Maybe tonight I'll have a beer and then try again ......

JT
    Wow. The news about the handset upgrade is awesome. BUT... I just called Sprint and they said that this was available at Sprint retail stores but she said it was NOT available at other retail stores like Best Buy and Radio Shack.

My local Best Buy has the Treo 600 but no one there has heard of the rebate form.

So my questions are:

1) Have the Best Buy coupons (10% deal) been mailed yet? I checked my mail today and nothing.

2) Does the $150 rebate form have any language on it about Handspring, contract extensions, etc? Can we just go pick these up at the "rebate center" of Best Buy?

Cheers to all, and good luck getting the best deals!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    The CSR you spoke to was INCORRECT. I had one that didn't know what she was talking about either. They are supposed to try and make you go to the sprint store. The next on their script (the lady was reading word for word) is something to the effect of "if the customer refuses to buy from a sprint pcs store it is available at all sprint pcs retailers like best buy, etc. EXCEPT WAL-MART".

That is pretty much exactly what she told me.

I am going to take the time to scan in the rebate form. I will post it when I am done.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Here is the back
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Here is the front.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I got this one from Ulimate Electronics. I saw them at my local sprint PCS store as well. you should be able to pick them up either place.

When you call the sprint helpless desk, tell them you want to inquire about the "handset upgrade program"
    Can I call up, extend my contract get some discount (150 for 2 years) then mail in this rebate and get another 150 off? I am guessing not, but just curious....
    jcrhea, you ROCK. Thanks so much for the info and the scans.

Now if I can just get those 10% coupons in the mail from Best Buy... I'm a little worried as I have not received those yet...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12