1.    #1  
    Is the Cingular data plan limiting at 10 MB per month? I've never owned a Treo before so I'm not sure how quickly an average user would eat in to the 10 MB limit (before you get charged extra). That's what is keeping me from purchasing the Cingular plan vs. waiting for TMo and their unlimited data usage. Thanks.
    You can have unlimited for a whopping $74.99
    Seriously though it really depends how much time you're gonna spend surfing the net and checking email. If you use an email app that supports attachment downloads like Snappermail, you will eat up data real fast!
    I've had my 270 w/Cingular for a year and 1/2 and I had 1mb for $6.99 and it was plenty for me though recently I changed it to the 5mb plan @ $14.99 as I find myself downloading more word and excel attachments.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Originally posted by winebrat
    Is the Cingular data plan limiting at 10 MB per month? I've never owned a Treo before so I'm not sure how quickly an average user would eat in to the 10 MB limit (before you get charged extra). That's what is keeping me from purchasing the Cingular plan vs. waiting for TMo and their unlimited data usage. Thanks.
    There are other options as others have mentioned on this board. Some options are:

1MB Wireless Internet Express (GPRS) $6.99/mo. $.0097/KB ($10/MB)
    5MB Wireless Internet Express (GPRS) $14.99/mo. $.0048/KB ($5/MB)
    10MB Wireless Internet Express (GPRS) (Recommended) $24.99/mo. $.0039/KB ($4/MB)
    20MB Wireless Internet Express (GPRS) $34.99/mo. $.0029/KB ($3/MB)

One thing surprised me when I tried to see what I could sign up for with Cingular (via Handspring). Apparently sending digital pictures through one's phone is considered separately. I don't think that's the case with Sprint. Is it with T-Mobile??

Cingular Multimedia Messaging allows you to send and receive photos directly from your Treo 600 via MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) to virtually any other MMS-capable phone or email address. Plus, for a limited time, get Unlimited Multimedia Messaging for the first 90 days! (SMS and Wireless Internet Express also required for use of MMS.)*

Multimedia Messaging
    (Unlimited MMS for first 90 days, 20 messages/month thereafter) $2.99/mo. 25¢/message
    after first 90 days
    None—I prefer to pay 25¢ per message.
  4.    #4  
    Maybe I'm confused. TMo's site says $29.99 for unlimited data transfer. Obviously that's on top of any voice plan I needed. Where did you get the $70 figure?
    You asked about Cingular's data rate plans and we have both given you their rate plans.

http://www.cingular.com/beyond_voice/wi_pricing
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    unlimited works for me. Can't wait to use my TMO treo 600, when it happens, HANDSPRING!
    Originally posted by Sprinter

One thing surprised me when I tried to see what I could sign up for with Cingular (via Handspring). Apparently sending digital pictures through one's phone is considered separately. I don't think that's the case with Sprint. Is it with T-Mobile??
    The Cingular Treo 600 sends pictures through the MMS service, while that uses data (either CSD or GPRS), the format allows for each message to be billed (similar to SMS text messaging).

Sprint's customized variant of MMS (Picture Mail) is a flat-rate of $5 a month (or free if you select the Vision Picture Pack).
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    ChristopherPrice.net
    With Cingular it's free for 90 days as a new promo and then it's $2.99 for 20 messages a month and 0.25 cents per message there after.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    thanks millerhifi for the cingular rates. i have been paying $14.99 to cingular for 3 mb for quite awhile. i just called and made the change over to 5 mb for the same price.
    morris stalk
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I've had my Treo 600 a week, and ##786 says I've transfered 53 megabytes of data. Not more than a meg of that testing PDANet for 5 minutes. The rest has all been downloading and installing various software off the net directly (rarely do I hotsync any more), surfing, Eudora from two of my pop accounts, Win-Hand, a little experimentation with streaming audio.
    Usage should drop a bit now that I've got most of the things installed that I need, but I'll bet I use 20-50 megs a month just in normal usage.

If Sprint didn't offer unlimited data for $10/month I pretty much would have to put the phone on a shelf and ignore it.

ian
    Originally posted by winebrat
    Maybe I'm confused. TMo's site says $29.99 for unlimited data transfer. Obviously that's on top of any voice plan I needed. Where did you get the $70 figure?
    Actually, you can get T-Mobile's unlimited data plan for $19.99 if you get a voice plan of $39.99 or more. The $19.99 offer is an "add-on".

The $29.99 offer is for if you DON'T use a qualifying voice plan.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.