1.    #1  
    I ordered a Cing Treo 600 for my Califonria "T-mobile-but-we're-using-the-Cingular-network" SIM card. Frankly I think $700 is too much so
    1. I may return it
    2. I may cancel it if T-mobile comes out with theirs before I receive the Cing unit
    3. Cancel it and hope/wait for the price reduction
    4. Hear that the Samsung SGH-i505 is really coming and wait for it.

Anyway I'm in the game but not sure I want to play!
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I am a tmo customer (under no contract) and have had the same SIM in 3 or 4 dfferent devices. Most recent the Treo 180. I ordered the 11/17 available cingular GSM.

What's the worst thing that happens? The Cingular GSM doesnt work with a tmo SIM? I find hard to believe and I'll bet it can be unlocked very easily. Doesnt the SIM detail need to be matched to the IMEI of the phone to lock it?

Anyhow, number portability happens on 11/24, you'll have the 600 by then and can just use it with Cingular if you really had to.

Most likely scanario is that the Tmo GSM 600 becomes available, you order one of those. Receive the Cingular GSM 600, return it or sell on ebay (I was bidding on a GSM that just sold for over $700) and use the Tmo GSM 600 with your existing account.

The statement on HS site which explains there are no guarantees that tmo and at&t units will be available scares me a bit. Ordering the Cingular GSM version is a safe move.
    Originally posted by j$hort
    The statement on HS site which explains there are no guarantees that tmo and at&t units will be available scares me a bit. Ordering the Cingular GSM version is a safe move.
    Where is this quote on HS's site? I couldn't find it. This makes me VERY worried.
    Originally posted by j$hort

What statement on the HS site?
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Now don't get too nervous, HS is just covering their a$$.

It is on the upgrade page which was sent to existing registered owners and also made available on this site...

http://www.handspring.com/promos/treo600_promo.jhtml

under the submit button.

They expect it but do not guarantee it...

* Although we expect to be able to offer service from AT&T Wireless and T-Mobile with Treo 600, we cannot guarantee their availability.