1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if this SD card will work with the 600?

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=445222

Also, does the T600 come with a 32mb SD out of the box?
    The card featured has a bad rap with some on the forum ie SanDisk brand.

The treo 600 does NOT come with any SD card. All you get is a plastic insert in the SD slot just as a filler. I picked up a Toshiba 64mb SD on eBay for $20 (works great!!). Just big enough for me to play around with until a decent SD 256mb is offered at a more reasonable price.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Originally posted by Magohn
    The card featured has a bad rap with some on the forum ie SanDisk brand.

The treo 600 does NOT come with any SD card. All you get is a plastic insert in the SD slot just as a filler. I picked up a Toshiba 64mb SD on eBay for $20 (works great!!). Just big enough for me to play around with until a decent SD 256mb is offered at a more reasonable price.
    That's the first I heard (or read). I have a 256MB Sandisk that doesn't have a problem. I think it has a lot to do with how your T600 is set up rather than the cards themselves. Anyway, if it doesn't work, try another one of the same brand. If it doesn't work again then try another brand and 9 times out of 10 it's not the card.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Did you guys hear about a 256MB card at Costco for $50?
    Can anyone confirm this? Or can you get the same at like Compusa or samsclub or Safeway?

I just don't want to drive half an hour out and another back to find that they don't know what a moogaly card is.
    I got mine at costco, it was $65.
    That's the first I heard (or read).
    Im surprised because as a frequent visitor to TreoCentral I have seen numerous threads on the unreliability of SanDisk chips and their slowness. It maybe paranoia but complaints appear a little too often for my liking. For example here

HTH
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Originally posted by Magohn

Im surprised because as a frequent visitor to TreoCentral I have seen numerous threads on the unreliability of SanDisk chips and their slowness. It maybe paranoia but complaints appear a little too often for my liking. For example here

HTH
    but there was one guy in that thread that did not recommend Sandisk and no factual info to back it up except he liked buying the more expensive (longer warranty) cards. I on the other hand have factual experience with 64, 128, & 256 MB Sandisk with no problems. I never measured speed, so I wouldn't know how they stack up. I look for a good product at minimal cost without sacrificing performance. Sandisk is the biggest manufacturer for a reason.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    i got a 256MB SanDisk SD card from Costco for $64.99. however, i returned it when i learned to stream web stations w/pTunes. much more appealing to me.

there is a deal on the 256MB SD card w/a compact USB reader for only $79 here:
    http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=445222