Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm uploading the first three Seinfeld episodes. Episode 2 is already online, the other two will be in about 20 minutes.

The files are here

I've sacrificed some video quality to reduce the size. Each episode now takes about 21 Mb, which is significant in the light of uploading all 180 episodes...

If people have space to host a few episodes, please PM me with an FTP link where I can put them.

Have fun.

And for the mods: please let me know if I'm crossing a line here - not sure whether this is considered to be pirating.
    Bump. Anybody with space left to host a few episodes?
    Unfortunately, posting all Seinfeld episodes would go slightly beyond fair use. Just don't want anyone to end up in court...
    http://www.pdaology.com

the web directory for pda and phone-enabled sites. over 1000 sites in the directory!
    Mol - can you help me with the seinfield files

I installed via hotsync - took 20 minutes but it worked. Neither mmplayer or kinoma could see any file.

Mounted the card in my reader and moved it to the audio folder as mmplayer seems only to see this. Added it to my playlist but everytime i press play my t600 resets
    Well I sent treoessentials about 50 ringtones about a week ago.

I still dont see them on the website.
  6.    #46  
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    Well I sent treoessentials about 50 ringtones about a week ago.

I still dont see them on the website.
    Thanks for your submission!

We received your submission 3 days ago via e-mail and published them on the website in less than 9 hours. You may not have recognized that they are yours because in order to maintain the naming schema we are using, we listed them as a decsription of the sound that did not include your name. However, the actual file name (not the link name displayed on the site) does include your name. Examples of this are files "Analog Phone" and "Electronic 9-12".

In addition, many of the files you sent sounded very similar and in the interest of streamiling we decided to only post the best ones which worked out to about 10%. After all, the name of the site is Treo 600 Essentials, not Treo 600 Warehouse. I hope you understand.

Last, after your ringtones were uploaded and linked I posted a message to the "Whats New?" section thanking yourself and one other user for their submissions and announcing that they had been posted.

This is our standard procedure. However, I probably should have e-mailed you a direct response as well so I apologize for any confusion.

Best,
    Derek @ Treo600Essentials.com
    Last edited by derek985; 11/09/2003 at 09:57 AM.
    That makes sense. Just didnt know what had happend to it. Didn't wana see my work go to waste.

Thanks for the explanation
    Originally posted by johntravers
    Mol - can you help me with the seinfield files

I installed via hotsync - took 20 minutes but it worked. Neither mmplayer or kinoma could see any file.

Mounted the card in my reader and moved it to the audio folder as mmplayer seems only to see this. Added it to my playlist but everytime i press play my t600 resets
    I've only tried them with mmplayer 0.2.5. I have the video preferences set to 1x, because I noticed that the zoom is buggy and I only play movies no bigger than 160x160.

Maybe it's due to HotSynching the files? I put the avi directly on the SD card using a reader.

Can you try writing directly from PC to the card?
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    mmplayer could not find the avi files in my card

and then exiting mmplayer I get a soft boot everytime!

how can i see what files ARE in my card?
    Well, I did load the shows from Mol onto my SD card via a card reader. I can see all the files by going to bookmarks from the MMPlayer menu options on the T600. (you may need to navigate to get up to the main, then down to the folder you put the files onto the card.)

With the T600 specific skin (thanks for thre link!) I can view the shows in "full screen" mode. Everything works fine.

Then, when I exit, I get a soft reboot everytime

Any ideas?

Thanks, this is great. I'm inspired to make some of my own

NorCalAl
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    First of all, thanks Mol for taking the time to encode these files and make them available. This is awesome. Can't wait til some of the truly classic episodes are on my Treo600.

I too have had the soft reset problem on the Treo. I seem to have fixed it my deleting the item from my playlist and re-adding it. However, MMplayer 0.2.5 doesn't seem nearly as polished or stable as either Kinoma or TealMovie. While watching an episode, I notice every 10 seconds or so, part of the skin underneath the movie flashes onscreen momentarily.

Is there any way these episodes could be encoded for either Kinoma or TealMovie in addition to MMplayer or alternatively?
    Originally posted by Munir
    First of all, thanks Mol for taking the time to encode these files and make them available. This is awesome. Can't wait til some of the truly classic episodes are on my Treo600.
    You're welcome. Let me know the episodes you'd like to see first, I'm going to replace the first three episodes by some others later this week.

I too have had the soft reset problem on the Treo. I seem to have fixed it my deleting the item from my playlist and re-adding it. However, MMplayer 0.2.5 doesn't seem nearly as polished or stable as either Kinoma or TealMovie. While watching an episode, I notice every 10 seconds or so, part of the skin underneath the movie flashes onscreen momentarily.
    The current version of MMplayer is indeed buggy, but it looks like the developers are making rapid progress in improving it. I've never had resets with 0.2.5 though (knock on wood).
    I get best results when I watch movies in full screen. Tap the screen to get to this mode (sometimes you may have to tap more than once)

Is there any way these episodes could be encoded for either Kinoma or TealMovie in addition to MMplayer or alternatively?
    I liked the approach of the MMplayer guys so I decided to buy the license, which includes life time upgrades to compensate for the fact that for now it's only beta (or alpha) software. Hence I stopped looking into alternative players.
    I've put up a page with screenshots and instructions for running the episodes (or any other movie, for that matter) using mmplayer. Hopefully this helps all the people that are having problems navigating the SD card.

Instructions
    The good news is that I've uploaded episodes 4, 5 and 100 (although I think it's part II, i.e. episode 101).

The bad news is that my ISP has told me that I'm not allowed to host files this large. I need to remove them within a week.
  15.    #55  
    For all of our fans out there, we've produced a treo600essentials.com wallpaper...

http://treo600essentials.com/wallpaper/t600e.jpg

If you're reading this from your Treo, just click here to download it.

Best,
    Derek.
  16.    #56  
    There's a new FAQ section and a new Information section at Treo600Essentials.com - Take a look!
  17.    #57  
    What a rollercoaster ride!

We've made tons of changes and things just keep getting better! We now have a half dozed of the best volunteer staff anyone could ask for.

We're continuing to refine the site mechanics and add the best content possible. And as always we value your feedback.

Also I'm considering putting together a t-shirt order with our red capsule logo and a tagline like: "All the best bits." or "Often imitated, never duplicated." I'm not looking to make any money off of these - only enough to cover the costs associated with printing and shipping them out.

Drop me a line if you're interested or even if you'd just like to say hello.

Take care,
    D.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123