1.    #1  
    Havent got my t600 on internet yet - need to go to TMN to find out how to (Portuguese phone company) FOund various sites with .mid files but when i try to add them to hotsync manager it says it can only put them on sd card which i don't have yet. If i had one could i put them on and then copy them accross or how on a mac do i turn them into .pdb do i just change the 3 letters?

thanks in advance
    Seems to me they have excluded the ability to drag files onto the phone via USB as a means of making you pay for data transfer via email or internet.

I cannot understand why else such a simple requirement would be excluded.

I have managed to get pictures to and from my mac by sending them via infrared to my T68i, then via bluetooth to my Mac - but because the T68i doesn't support midi files it won't work with them. Perhaps you have another phone that has bluetooth and can recognise midi files?
  3.    #3  
    also if i download pdb files from palmgear-they have various collections for sale - ive tried their demos but cant find the tunes when i install the pdbs do i need other software?
    I don't know about the Mac, but on a PC with an IR port, you can point the 600 at the port and a display a window on the PC which allows you to drag files (such as midis) onto the 600.
    Did you try changing the destination from SD Card to the device itself in the Palm Install tool?