1.    #1  
    In case anyone else is waiting for a call and code from Orange I've just had them.
    Apparentely mine is the first Treo 600 they've unlocked. They gave me the code and it unlocked straight away. It's now happily working with my Voda SIM.
    I originally requested the code at about 8.00am on Oct 27 and I got the code at 8.00pm on Nov 3. In the meantime I politely chased them a couple of times.
    Just thought others waiting for codes may be interested in knowing how long it takes to get them.
    How much did they charge?
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    I am headed to UK for Christmas and was going to buy a Orange T600. Was worried about not being able to get unlock code as they said that it would ne be avail. If you have it please share so I can bring a black t-600 home to US.

Thanks!

BigTex
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    ... (posted 3 times by mistake)
    The code is unique to the device's IMEI (Serial number) and cannot be shared.
  7.    #7  
    Tgabber: I had to pay the whole years line rental up front - well I agreed to anyway. I've not paid anything yet but I guess it'll be on the next bill.

There's also a 20 unlocking fee - although I've been told that as I was the first one they unlocked they treat me as a test and, in this instance only, they'll waive this fee.

Big Tex: There's no point in me saying what the code was (although I didn't write it down anyway - I just typed it in as they told it to me) as each code is individual and linked to the IMEI number on the phone.
    that's great news - i have been sat by the phone & pressing refresh on my email since thursday night! if my code takes the same time, i should be on my work O2 sim by the weekend ...

thanks for posting, i feel a lot better now
    Orange tell me they're having problems with the software provided by HS to generate Treo unlock codes, and that they're having to manually batch up IMEI codes & email them to the US for processing one by one...

There are 23 punters in the UK who've requested codes, and they are expecting them to come thru any day now. They will then ring us individually to collect line rental payments upfront and provide the code

Sounds like kmc was very lucky to get his code so quick (and free!), and also to not get billed for the whole lot in one go. They said they'd done a few with HS by phone to check out the process - so I guess the email list for new requests after the current batch will just get longer & longer now.

Don't read this bit omar, but it's particularly annoying, as they've also just dropped the price from 199.99 to 119.99 today & are refusing to credit people who paid full price up to yesterday - a 40% drop in six days in my case
    Originally posted by kmc319
    Tgabber: I had to pay the whole years line rental up front - well I agreed to anyway. I've not paid anything yet but I guess it'll be on the next bill.

There's also a 20 unlocking fee - although I've been told that as I was the first one they unlocked they treat me as a test and, in this instance only, they'll waive this fee.

Big Tex: There's no point in me saying what the code was (although I didn't write it down anyway - I just typed it in as they told it to me) as each code is individual and linked to the IMEI number on the phone.
    If you ever have to reinstall your os you will have to reenter the code, heh, you better get that code and put it away somewhere.
    I requested my unlock code on the 17th and I am still waiting.

Bah humbug
    Called 2 days ago to request unlocking code. I got a call today and got my code. I asked them why it was so quick. Was told they got a batch of 6000 unlocking codes for the handsets they had delivered.

gud luck
    Don't read this bit omar, but it's particularly annoying, as they've also just dropped the price from 199.99 to 119.99 today & are refusing to credit people who paid full price up to yesterday - a 40% drop in six days in my case
    Never did get my code, but I've now cancelled the line (thanks to the HUGE price drop) and intend to get myself a free of charge Treo from mobileshop.com

In the mean time i'm still waiting for Orange to come and collect my Treo. They told me it was barred, but I've since found out that my SIM was simply disconnected, I'm currently still using the Treo with my other Orange sim card
    Originally posted by omar_g

Never did get my code, but I've now cancelled the line (thanks to the HUGE price drop) and intend to get myself a free of charge Treo from mobileshop.com

In the mean time i'm still waiting for Orange to come and collect my Treo. They told me it was barred, but I've since found out that my SIM was simply disconnected, I'm currently still using the Treo with my other Orange sim card
    A friend of mine bought one on Monday Nov 3 for 199.99 and confronted the Orange shop on Wednesday regarding the price drop.
    But there is an additional clause on the contract that "no 14 days return" and it was specially pointed out at the time of purchase.
    And of course they would not do anything about it.

So they knew it was coming and it was a bit of a cheat really.
    http://pc-mobile.net
  15.    #15  
    I've now got the code written down and safe - should it ever be needed.

I don't know about the price drop. I paid 115 for my Treo on Orange to Orange 1000. At the time smalltalk had got their price wrong and it was 100 too cheap. Everywhere else still seems more expensive than this so I'm happy!

What's more this phone is, in my opinion, the best (by far) phone/PDA I've used - and I've tried most of them. To say I'm pleased with it would be a huge understatement.
    Yes I am annoyed about the price drop and they are scumbags for the way they did it. But I also agree that the machine is really a screamer and I will get the price difference back this afternoon by backing spurs at 8:1
    Spurs all the way this afternoon!

Just a few things:

PC_Mobile, if your friend bought direct from Orange (rather than in-store) he is entitled to his money back as long as he requests it within 14 days of receiving the goods, this is in accordance iwth the distance selling act. Orange however, give 14 days, as do most other networks. If he bought the phone instore his rights change slightly, but I would suggets you try taking the phone back to a different Orange store or return it via post to Orange direct (Ring 150 first and they'll send you a returns label for t) as they wont be aware of the clause in your contract. I've bought pleanty of handsets from Orange stores and have always had a 14 day cooling off period. It is not a requirement of the law but it usually applies to all airtime contracts with the exception of T-mobile.