1.    #1  
    I've just received the news from Stephanie at BLT:
    "We have been informed that the product has an updated ETA of 11/30. We sincerely appreciate your patience and will be shipping your order as soon as is possible."

Well, my patience is more or less gone...

So, what options are there for me to get an unlocked GSM Treo 600 right away?

1. I can buy from www.treostore.com, but it's awfully expensive

2. I can order a Cingular version without a plan - according to another thread the Cingular models are unlocked; delivery is not until Nov 17.

3. I might be able to buy from Singapore, but I think the price will end up close to treostore

What else? Help me out here!

/Christopher
    We expect to begin processing orders on November 17, 2003. Due to extremely high demand we are anticipating additional shipping delays.

I hate to tell you this, but this doesnt mean they will ship at that time. This means "processing orders". I HOPE!!!!! that means you will get yours shipped that date... I really do. This could just as well mean that thats the date they will begin to proccess them through their system (if I were to guess, this is the outcome I think is going to happen).

I too am looking for a overseas version now.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by grenness

So, what options are there for me to get an unlocked GSM Treo 600 right away?

1. I can buy from www.treostore.com, but it's awfully expensive

2. I can order a Cingular version without a plan - according to another thread the Cingular models are unlocked; delivery is not until Nov 17.

3. I might be able to buy from Singapore, but I think the price will end up close to treostore
    I've cancelled my order with shopblt.com and I'm going to buy from mobilefly.com in Singapore - they're currently out of stock but a nice person there mailed me back and told me they'll get a new load of 600's by the end of this week and he'll send me one of them as soon as they arrive at their warehouse.

The price will be somewhere between shopblt and treostore.

/Christopher
    Expansys.com / .fr /.it /es ...

they promise they will have T600 in stock by the end of this month. Price is ok (693 €) but do not expect a good customer service. They will probably will run oot of stock in few days ...
    Joan López i Graupera
    Barcelon@ - Catalonia
    GSM T600's available on Ebay right now! For around $600 or less.
    Treoseur
    suck it up and drive to your local sprint store and buy one today. not gsm, but a bird in the hand nonetheless. return it in 14 days if you can part with it(i can't).
    Originally posted by jhat3k1
    All the phones I looked up were the Cingular phones and they were shipping at the same time as the ones you can buy through HS. Doesn't make sense.
    Originally posted by jhat3k1
    Theres not a single legitimate auction on Ebay right now, that will deliver a Treo 600 GSM today, tomorrow, or even next week. If it isn't a scam, its a pre-order. None of the current sellers even look legitimate. Get yourself a serial number and preorder on Handspring, about the best deal going right now.
    shf
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    We expect to begin processing orders on November 17, 2003. Due to extremely high demand we are anticipating additional shipping delays.

I hate to tell you this, but this doesnt mean they will ship at that time. This means "processing orders". I HOPE!!!!! that means you will get yours shipped that date... I really do. This could just as well mean that thats the date they will begin to proccess them through their system (if I were to guess, this is the outcome I think is going to happen).

I too am looking for a overseas version now.
    Notice how they are out of the box with two issues:

(1) An uncommon "faux" launch where all they do is take pre-orders. This wasn't done with the Orange, Sprint or world wide unlocked release. They announced, took orders and immediately started shipping.

(2) Out of the box, they announced that they expect shipping delays. They had every reason to expect the same thing with the Orange and Sprint launches, but NEVER announced the delays until they in fact were the present reality. Yet now they tell you in advance.

My sense in all this is that HS is engaged in a FRAUD on GSM customers.

Not in a legal sense, mind you. But rather, I believe they are purposefully dissembling.

I believe that what has happened is that Cingular hit their mark regarding customization and HS couldn't just stiff arm them, so they agreed to take orders which they say they can't immediately get to because of the Sprint crush.

Personally, I think the Sprint crush is a bunch of hooey. "Processing orders?" Spare me. You call up just about any electronics company and they begin processing the order when they receive them. And they tend to have more than one product to worry about, so volumes - even during the Christmas rush - don't usually lead to noticeable delays, and certainly not TWO WEEKS. Heck, even in the old days, before the advent of computers - and I remember them - it didn't take Sears two weeks to ship stuff out of the most popular catalog operation in the world.

Of course there is demand, but I would be willing to bet it's more in the nature of waiting for refreshed inventories than pushing boxes thru their distribution facility.

Whatever, what sense does it make to completely freeze the Cingular channel? They obviously have some inventory on hand - why not at least start dribbling them out NOW? How hard is it for them to hide behind their BS line? I mean, shipping delays covers a lot of ground and there is absolutely no reason for them to send out ZERO Cingular units that they obviously have on hand.

There's absolutely no reason why they can't have a Sprint and Cingular coordinated shipment - kinda like one for you, one for me, one for you one for me, blending in Cingular with their Sprint shipments. In other words, WHY WOULDN'T THEY WANT TO GET SOME GSM PRODUCT INTO THE RETAIL CHANNEL.

You have to ask yourself why wouldn't they do this?

To me, there is only ONE THING that makes sense.

And that is, they are still trying to coordinate the physical release of the three GSM carriers - Cingular, TMo and AT&T.

I predict that before they start shipping Cingular, they will commence taking orders for TMo and AT&T and when they start shipping, they'll ship more than just Cingular.

Something very fishy is going on here and for the life of me, I don;t understand why people don't see it as clearly as I do.....
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    ShopBLT.com has a new revised ETA of 11/21.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Originally posted by grenness
    I've just received the news from Stephanie at BLT:
    "We have been informed that the product has an updated ETA of 11/30. We sincerely appreciate your patience and will be shipping your order as soon as is possible."

Just saw on BLT's site that the ETA on the Treo 600 is now 11.21 I just emailed them to confirm this change. I cancelled my order based on the push back to 11.30 I bet enough people complained/cancelled that they "found" a way to get some unlocked, unbranded GSMs.
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by winebrat

Just saw on BLT's site that the ETA on the Treo 600 is now 11.21 I just emailed them to confirm this change. I cancelled my order based on the push back to 11.30 I bet enough people complained/cancelled that they "found" a way to get some unlocked, unbranded GSMs.
    Well, it's too late for this unhappy customer (although when I cancelled I said I understood that this was not their fault).

I've now wired $768.66 to mobilefly.com and they'll ship me my unlocked GSM Treo 600 the very moment they receive my funds.

"I'm so excited! ...and I just can't hide it! I know, I know, I know, I know... (etc) " Sorry. Can't help it.

/Christopher
    Hey, you should be happy to get a Treo 600 at all! Verizon customers (like myself) will probably never have to the pleasure of ever owning this device.
    Stephanie,

The ETA on the Hand Spring Treo600 has changed again to 11/21 from 11/30.
    Based on the last date push-back, how confident are you guys this date is
    going to stick? I may restore my order if this is the case.

<<<<
    Dear ******,

It would not surprise me if Handspring pushed this date back again. The
    Treo 600 will probably not arrive until 11/30. If you should have any
    further questions, feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
    Stephanie
    Originally posted by winebrat

I don't think they found a way, I think Ingram Micro figured out a way to subside the deluge of cancellations that occurred when Handsrping started taking orders for the Cingular unit, and announced a shipping date that was much closer than 11/30. In all this may be a psychological change of date to appease the masses and to give them a date closer to the Cingular shipping date. After all, they can always go back and change the date yet again, which is not far-fetched.

On the other hand, this may coincide with the T-Mobile Launch that is supposed to happen on the 24th, but I'm not sure what the significance of that is.
    shf
    Well, after reading greeness's post on mobilefly.com, I e-mailed them and they indeed have GSM units in stock and have put one aside for me. I ordered last night and should have it prolly by middle of next week Thanks for the mention green
    read this article: http://www.brighthand.com/article/GS...ite=SmartPhone

The rumors say there is an unspecified problem with the GSM/GPRS version of the Treo 600 which will delay its release until around the beginning of December. However, the Handspring spokesperson says he doesn't know where people might have gotten this idea.

Gotta love that.