View Poll Results: Are you going to hold out for "Official" TMO release?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, waiting for TMO

70 67.96%
  • No, Going w/ Cingular

21 20.39%
  • No, Gone or going w/ Sprint

7 6.80%
  • No, Waiting for AT&T or other.

5 4.85%
  1.    #1  
    Now with Cingular GSM treo 600 availability, how many people want to or are going to hold out for "Official" T-Mobile release?
    Last edited by abarrios; 11/03/2003 at 01:39 PM.
    I was just on the phone with our firm's national account rep. for Cingular.

He says they have a limited supply of Treos and I'm in the process of signing up now. I should have it tomorrow.
    I'm still with TMobile, buy bought the Cingular one today.

TheHandlessKing
    Latest moBlog shot:
    Originally posted by mikegold

He says they have a limited supply of Treos and I'm in the process of signing up now. I should have it tomorrow.
    Hey,

Do you have any way of testing whether it's locked or unlocked (data and voice)? If so, please do find out. At any rate, at least you can see if there's special 'Cingular' software and/or whether anything is 'optimized' for Cingular.

Thank you very much.

Btw whoever started this thread, maybe you should clarify the Cingular option. For example, I ordered the Cingular t600, but I'm staying with T-mobile. As far as I know, those are two different options right there.

Cheers.
  5.    #5  
    Point taken. But you would fall under the No, going w/ Cingular. i.e. either treo upgrade through Cingular and keep existing GSM plan w/ who ever., Or start a new plan w/ them. I am diying to do my upgrade through Cingular, and keep my TMO plan. But my 270 has not died on me in at least 8 months, ( I am on my 7th 270) so it hurts, but I think I am going to wait, for now. Thanks for your post.
    Originally posted by abarrios
    Point taken. But you would fall under the No, going w/ Cingular. i.e. either treo upgrade through Cingular and keep existing GSM plan w/ who ever., Or start a new plan w/ them. I am diying to do my upgrade through Cingular, and keep my TMO plan. But my 270 has not died on me in at least 8 months, ( I am on my 7th 270) so it hurts, but I think I am going to wait, for now. Thanks for your post.
    Yeah, that's what I went for (No, going w/ Cingular).

Let's hope those damn Cingular phones work with T-Mo.

Cheers.
    The only reason I decided to go with Cingular is the upcoming number portability and that my TMo contract is up on the 6th.

I will keep my TMo account open until I can port my number over to Cingular.

Once I get the phone, I will pop my TMo SIM in and see what's what.
    The only reason I decided to go with Cingular is the upcoming number portability and that my TMo contract is up on the 6th.

I will keep my TMo account open until I can port my number over to Cingular.

Once I get the phone, I will pop my TMo SIM in and see what's what.
    i would do this, but their (cingular) data plans suck.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Most of the info here say's the Treo is unlocked. I also called and was told the same thing, so I ordered one as an upgrade from my 270 to use with my T-Mobile account. Hopefully the info is correct they arrive soon!

So how much is gonna cost?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Originally posted by millerhifi

So how much is gonna cost?

$499 less $100 trade in discount (I have to send in an old phone or pager).
    Originally posted by Felipe

i would do this, but their (cingular) data plans suck.
    Frankly, if the SE P900 was not ridiculously priced I most likely would have gone that route by now.

$499 less $100 trade in discount (I have to send in an old phone or pager).
    At least you're getting it for the same $399. They really want you to send them your old phone? Lame
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Originally posted by millerhifi

At least you're getting it for the same $399. They really want you to send them your old phone? Lame
    No big deal...I have some old pos phones lying around.