1.    #1  
    Wondering if Ingram has any new status about shipment.

Thank You
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Damn! The date just slipped to 11/30.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Looks like they changed the ETA to 11/30
  4.    #4  
    (not being negative here)

It seems that its not likely that USA GSM customers will have treo's in november. If I were to guess, I we will be seeing our new GSM treo's the 4th week of December.

Sorta sad. Makes buying one of these as a christmas present (somthing I was going todo) a risky idea.

Ow well, there must be some reason its all delayed. We probably will never findout why.

Note: Anyone from UK that can get a unlocked unit (non orange) please PM me, I am interested in working out a deal to have you purchase it for me and make a little $$ off of me)
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih

It seems that its not likely that USA GSM customers will have treo's in november. If I were to guess, I we will be seeing our new GSM treo's the 4th week of December.

Sorta sad. Makes buying one of these as a christmas present (somthing I was going todo) a risky idea.

Ow well, there must be some reason its all delayed. We probably will never findout why.

Note: Anyone from UK that can get a unlocked unit (non orange) please PM me, I am interested in working out a deal to have you purchase it for me and make a little $$ off of me)
    Aren't you gonna give the Cingular deal a try? I already pre-ordered mine, and I have no plans to leave T-Mo.

Cheers.
  6.    #6  
    Its tempting to buy a Cingular one, but I am concerned with it possible locked, also for future ROM updates (which I am hoping for soon).

Another main reason is that HS isnt going to "start" proccessing the orders until the 17th. If I can buy a Tmo unit starting the 22nd thats only 5 days from then. While a lot of the Tmo people buying thier stuff from Cingular, when I buy mine from Tmo its possible I could get mine 1st (less demand and a very close in dates).

Even though I bet that the cingular ones are going to work perfect, I would rather wait the extra 5 days to get a Tmobile one. One more thing, its possible that the unlocked ones could be for sale by the 17th too, so I wouldn't mind getting one of those too. Anyway.. its hard to predict whats going to happen, we will just have to see.
    Its tempting to buy a Cingular one, but I am concerned with it possible locked, also for future ROM updates (which I am hoping for soon).

Another main reason is that HS isnt going to "start" proccessing the orders until the 17th. If I can buy a Tmo unit starting the 22nd thats only 5 days from then. While a lot of the Tmo people buying thier stuff from Cingular, when I buy mine from Tmo its possible I could get mine 1st (less demand and a very close in dates).

Even though I bet that the cingular ones are going to work perfect, I would rather wait the extra 5 days to get a Tmobile one. One more thing, its possible that the unlocked ones could be for sale by the 17th too, so I wouldn't mind getting one of those too. Anyway.. its hard to predict whats going to happen, we will just have to see.
    Just order one, you have time to cancel the order, or 30 days to return it once it ships if it doesn't work out. At least you know you have something coming THIS YEAR instead of waiting for T-Mobile vaporware.

Worst case scenario, you pay for shipping, a small price to pay for some gratification sooner. If it works out, you're all set.

I know I did!
    shf
    I was also very tempted to buy the Cingular phone for my use on T-Mobile. However, I chose not to do so for a few reasons:

1. T-Mobile units might be out before Cingular units ships. Shoot, they might be out tomorrow (or in a "few weeks")

2. While I believe the Cingular phone will work with T-Mobile, what happens if I need to do a hard reset or have problems with the phone? It seems the default Cingular settings may make re-installing the GPRS info a hassle, at minimum. Also, if I have GPRS problems, I don't want T-Mobile to say "Oh, sorry, that's not our phone. We can't help you. Call Handspring"

3. Having an unlocked phone isn't a big deal to me, as I plan to stay with T-Mobile for a while, and T-Mobile will unlock my phone for me anyway.

4. Future ROM upgrades or features from T-Mobile might be problematic.

5. At worst, I doubt T-Mobile's phones will will be delayed more than a couple of weeks after the Cingular phones finally ship.

6. Will T-Mobile provide the insurance coverage for Congular's phone?

6. I can always change my mind and order before Cingular's upgrade discount is over.

I really want to order it, but I am sitting tight for now. Good luck though.
  9.    #9  
    heberman says everything that is on my mind. Perfectly put.

Well, I have 3 treo 270 so I decided to upgrade just one of them to the cingular type. I took the leap and hopefully it will turnout ok. My friend works at Cingular so if there is any problems he could prolly sell it for me.
    Somehow I have a feeling it's gonna be a LOOOOOOOONG time before T-mo releases anything. I really see no problem in jumping on the Cingular bandwagon. Scenarios:

1) HIGHLY unlikely: T-mo comes out before. No big deal, you cancel the order.

2) It's got problems with T-Mo: If you find this out AFTER shipping, you have 30 days to have fun with it and then you return it. If BEFORE shipping, you cancel the order.

3) HIGHLY likely: It actually DOES work with T-Mo, and T-mo ends up releasing the t600 in 2004. Well, my friend, you got yourself a working GSM treo ahead of everyone.

You can't lose any way. Hey I don't work for Cingular, the less people that order the better, but are there really any problems with this logic?

Besides, for those waiting on T-Mo, what if it's all part of the same 'stock?' It's been mentioned that Cingular phones have no logos, so it's quite possible there is X number of GSM phones in TOTAL, for ALL carries, so if Cingular runs out, well, good luck getting a T-Mo one.

Cheers (and Thanks).
    OK, call me stupid or whatever, but 5 minutes after writing my detailed post (see above) about all of the reasons why I wasn't going for the Cingular deal - I changed my mind and ordered the Cingular unit for my T-Mobile account. Total price: $446.21, which includes the headset adapter, overnight shipping, and tax.

I'll give it a go. By the way, I know the website says the orders won't be "processed" until 11/17. I have also heard from people here that it won't ship until 10 days or so after 11/17. However, my HS CSR (with his infinite knowledge) stressed the phones would ship "mid november".
    Originally posted by heberman
    OK, call me stupid or whatever, but 5 minutes after writing my detailed post (see above) about all of the reasons why I wasn't going for the Cingular deal - I changed my mind and ordered the Cingular unit for my T-Mobile account. Total price: $446.21, which includes the headset adapter, overnight shipping, and tax.

I'll give it a go. By the way, I know the website says the orders won't be "processed" until 11/17. I have also heard from people here that it won't ship until 10 days or so after 11/17. However, my HS CSR (with his infinite knowledge) stressed the phones would ship "mid november".
    Good call!

Welcome to the Cingular Bandwagon™.

Cheers.
    Heh. I wonder how much the Cingular Treo 600 sales numbers will be pushed up by non-Cingular customers buying the Cingular devices.

And the amazing thing about all this?

The corporate LIARS at HS still swear that their product rollout is according to plan with NO delays.
    Originally posted by heberman

Hahahahaha. Mid November. That's rich. HS's definition of "mid" ought to be a laugh riot. They told me that "shortly" covers a period of up to 8 weeks.
  16.    #16  
    Originally posted by zipmitz

Hahahahaha. Mid November. That's rich. HS's definition of "mid" ought to be a laugh riot. They told me that "shortly" covers a period of up to 8 weeks.

Wouldnt "mid" = anything between nov 1 - nov 30, as long as its not ON the 1st or 30th?

haha