1.    #1  
    So the builtin sprint T600 SMS app has a "new" button, if you press it, it displays a msg saying that this capability is "coming" and they'll send ya an SMS msg when it's available.

So, anyone have any clue as to when this is going to emerge?

I'm trying to figger out whether to spring for the Treo600SMS app from PDAapps (there's no upgrade from Treo300SMS (grumble)).

thanks,

mobileuser
    Originally posted by mobileuser
    So the builtin sprint T600 SMS app has a "new" button, if you press it, it displays a msg saying that this capability is "coming" and they'll send ya an SMS msg when it's available.

So, anyone have any clue as to when this is going to emerge?

I'm trying to figger out whether to spring for the Treo600SMS app from PDAapps (there's no upgrade from Treo300SMS (grumble)).

thanks,

mobileuser
    Supposedly November 17th.

I'm not holding my breath.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    I just got off of the phone with tier 2 tech support asking if they would foot the bill for the Treo600sms product like they did for the 300.

The answer was "no dice." They said the feature will be available mid-December. Their reason for not paying for the product on the t600 was because you can access messaging from the web via the phone whereas with the t300 you couldn't. Pain in my *** to be quite honest!
    "I want to meet the guy that invented beer and see what he's working on now"
  4.    #4  
    yeah, I'm a tad surprised/disappointed that it's such an apparent big deal to get SMS capability going for such a "technically advanced" service provider. I mean like you go over to the GSM world and it's a no-brainer, and available in like the rest of the world (third world included). And the (one-person?) PDAapps shop manages to do it.

yawhaevah.

mobileuser
    I'm using T600SMS, and the only way I'll switch to Sprint's MO-SMS is if it's bundled with unlimited Vision (with BC and Picture Mail to boot). In the very likely case that Sprint charges another $5/mo. for SMS, I'll just keep happily using T600SMS.

Even if MO-SMS has a slightly lower latency, it's not much of an issue with asynchronous messaging (like http mail vs. pop), so I don't see much of a performance advantage -- certainly not enough to justify pay $60 a year instead of a one-time $20 fee.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Them fools at Sprint, and on Usenet, kept telling me that the Treo 600 could not access short mail, although I could some of the time. So I just got Treo600SMS. They should give me $20 for it.

I'm using T600SMS, and the only way I'll switch to Sprint's MO-SMS is if it's bundled with unlimited Vision (with BC and Picture Mail to boot). In the very likely case that Sprint charges another $5/mo. for SMS, I'll just keep happily using T600SMS.
    I smell ya. $15 for vision is too much as it is, so as long as the Treo600SMS server is working, I'm not gonna pay a cent for SMS.
    Bok