Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Originally posted by CharFeld
    Those of you who also have placed orders for Cingular T600s today - what time frame were you given for delivery?
    I was told it would ship "mid november".
    what plans are you guys purchasing with the phone?
    Originally posted by HumP
    None. It's just the device AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $At$ $least$ $I$ $didn$'$t$ $pay$ $for$ $anything$ $else$...

Cheers.
    I didn't purchase any plan -- just the phone.
    so were you guys able to order online?
    I just noticed that the front page of www.handspring.com now says "Treo 600 with Cingular Wireless Service -- pre-order yours today" in big blue letters.
    so were you guys able to order online?
    I ordered online. But it was just buying the phone pretending I already have Cingular service (and no prior Treo customer upgrade promo or anything).
    I ordered by phone - told them I was a T-Mobile customer who wanted to by the Cingular Treo 600, so long as it was unlocked.

No problems. I was told I could return it within 30 days if I wasn't satisfied with it.
    I got the same info about the Treo being unlocked so I placed an order today also. We'll see when it arrives (someday).
    Well I now have 2 orders placed.

First one was placed at 12:05PM EST from singapore.
    3-4 day delivery.

"Ordered items
    684736706216 - 1 x Treo 600 US$849.99

Shipping Cost BY COURIER SERVICE : US$42.99
    Total - US $892.98
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Regards,
    Doml International Pte Ltd"

Second one from Cingular 5:42PM EST 2-4 WEEK delivery :/

"Quantity Item Price Each Total
    1 Treo 600 with USB cable - Cingular Wireless $699.00 $699.00
    1 Treo Stereo Headphone Adapter $5.99 $5.99
    1 Treo High-Performance Headset $14.99 $14.99
    Sub-Total:
    Shipping and Handling:
    Tax:
    Order Total: $719.98
    $14.50
    $43.20
    $777.68"

Comes out to be like $150 dollars more. and 3 weeks faster.

Lets hope the shipping time is accurate, will call this tonight and let you guys know.

3-4 day delivery.

"Ordered items

Total - US $892.98
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Regards,

Sub-Total:
    Shipping and Handling:
    Tax:
    $14.50
    $43.20
    $777.68"

Lets hope the shipping time is accurate, will call this tonight and let you guys know.
    wow that DOML price was pretty steep- i looked at mobilefly myself, they're asking about 730 USD, although they jack you on the end of the transaction because they seemingly use paypal as their payment engine- but i think it came out cheaper in the end with shipment etc...

also- why didnt you get an ebay serial number and take advantage of the promo deal? i got one that worked like a charm and it was 399 i think...
    Originally posted by theevaluator

wow that DOML price was pretty steep- i looked at mobilefly myself, they're asking about 730 USD, although they jack you on the end of the transaction because they seemingly use paypal as their payment engine- but i think it came out cheaper in the end with shipment etc...

also- why didnt you get an ebay serial number and take advantage of the promo deal? i got one that worked like a charm and it was 399 i think...
    Its my company buying, These are 2 of 25-30 T600s i have to purchase this month i just need 1 or 2 now to get my development plan down for my prgrammers to start the day i can get them in bulk. 99 percent of the T600s we will purchase will come with a TMO plan through corporate sales.
    oh oh

I was looking on the HS website at this ( http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...24&ResType=FAQ ) page and found this:

Question:
    Can I use the Cingular Wireless version of Treo 600 with another network?

Answer:
    It is possible to use the Cingular Wireless version of Treo 600 on another GSM/GPRS network, however, the software for this device has been optimized to ensure optimal performance on the Cingular network. Customers who attempt to use this version on other GSM/GPRS networks may experience issues such as slower data rates. There are also several sections of the software that display Cingular branding that cannot be changed. We highly recommend that customers of other GSM/GPRS mobile service providers wait until your mobile service provider's cerified version becomes available.
    Because T-mobile in California (or Cal E fornia as the Guv says) uses the Cingular network. So if I buy a T-mobile phone in a month which is optimized for the T-mobile network in the rest of the country, does that mean it won't work optimally in California? Likewise, all the hub-bub form the Cingular crowd seem to be people in New York where I thought Cingular was using the T-mobile network
    I don't think HandSpring would lie... but this doesn't make sense.

I live in california and I know that all my service is comming from Cing (even though I am with tmo). Tmo has agreements with TMO to provide me my service out here.

How does it make sense that it would be slower?

3-4 day delivery.

"Ordered items

Total - US $892.98

Best Regards,

Sub-Total:
    Shipping and Handling:
    Tax:
    $14.50
    $43.20
    $777.68"

I receive my gsm treo from Doml this morning and ordered last thursday so it took 2 working days. I also think it's worth to spend $150 to get it 3 weeks before. I JUST LOVE THIS PHONE

marc-Andre
    Originally posted by prospects

I receive my gsm treo from Doml this morning and ordered last thursday so it took 2 working days. I also think it's worth to spend $150 to get it 3 weeks before. I JUST LOVE THIS PHONE

marc-Andre
    You ordered yours online?? Did you have any contact with them verbally or just online?
    Singapore/Malaysia sites have very low stock for purchasing online. (Apparently they are not restircted to sell outside their market, or are doing so illegally. Treostore and other Euro retailers will not ship to US (directly) AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.) $Walk$-$in$ $buys$ $are$ $apparently$ $easy$ $enough$.

1. Mobilefly has no stock.

2. Ilovebestbuy.com will not ship to US and has no stock.

3. D-Nexus will ship to US, but has no stock.

4. DMOL seems to be the only one with stock, but you'll pay a premium to get one from here.

Maybe by this weekend we'll have a few GSMs on these boards and a few posts.
    Originally posted by prospects

marc-Andre
    Wondering where DMOL shipped to, if you don't mind my asking?
    I have called handspring four times and was told that the device that they are going to ship me is an unlocked treo. They told me that the only mention of cingular was the manual. I was then told that the devices sold by cingular would be optimized for the network.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast