1.    #1  
    Hello. Is anybody else having problems with Orange GPRS. I cannot access the internet, retrieve emails or send MMS. My handset shows the little triangle above the signal strength which according to the manual means i've got gprs but when i try to connect i get two little green arrows and it does not connect. According to the manual the two little green arrows indicate a CSD dial up connection. Has anyone else had this problem?? Or can yo explain the two little green arrows. Orange havn't got a clue and it's annoying me now.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    The manual is in error. Two little green arrows indicates a GPRS connection. Two little grey arrows indicates a CSD connection and a little black triangle means you have GPRS signal but are not connected.
    "Yay though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil... cause I have a big stick! And I am the meanest mutherf***er in the valley!" -Deep Blue Sea
  3.    #3  
    thanks for that. at least i know i've got gprs now. still cant use internet, email or mms though.

When i click on internet, then on orange from the favorites. It then says sending at the bottom of the screen and the next thing i get an error message saying cannot find requested page.

With mms it just says gprs not avialabe

When i try to send/recieve email, it says cannot connect to server.

Please help. Thanks.
    From the Application screen, tap Pref.

Then in the upper right, select Network.

In Service, select Orange Internet

Tap Details
    Tap Advanced.

Check that IP Address: Automatic is ticked.

Check that Query DNS is ticked.

If they are not both ticked, tap Modify, Tap OK, and tick both settings.

Try connecting again.
    I don't have a problem with the internet over GPRS - apart from the times that GPRS seems to be unavailable: every evening after 10pm, a lot of Saturday, most of Sunday.

I can't, however, get MMS working. If I try to connect with the Orange MMS network connection, I get a message stating that GPRS is unavailable. If I connect using Orange GPRS, and then try to send a picture, I get a message stating "Unable to open network connection", presumably because:
    a) there is a connection open already - GPRS
    b) the open connection is not the Orange MMS connection.

I will give it a few more days, and then contact Orange - I don't actually intend to use MMS, but if I have the capability to do something, I want to make sure that it is available if/when I need it.
  6.    #6  
    i've tried ticking the 2 boxes but it still doesn't work (orange had me do that about 10 times)
    i've tried ticking the 2 boxes but it still doesn't work (orange had me do that about 10 times)
    Didn't work for me either - get them to re-provision your GPRS: this got my GPRS working fine.
    Iv'e also tried this after having the same problem since midnight on sunday (is this significant?).

I'm waiting for orange to re-provision at the moment will let you know if it works for me.
  9.    #9  
    just had gprs reprovisioned and all is well again. Internet, email and mms all work perfectly. Thanks.
    I had the same problem since last Wednesday 29/10. Spoke to Orange - I should have my GPRS working from 8.40 am tomorrow.

Paul
    Everything is ok with mine now. Thanks for the help.