Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Has anyone been able to successfully active their Treo 600 that was received today? They are telling me my ESN is not in their database. Handspring claims they have 48 hours from the time the phone is shipped until it is in Sprint's database. Just wondering if the whole batch is like this or just mine. I paid extra for overnight shipping and now I can't use the phone for 48 hours.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    just got off the phone with HS...again....

My treo shipped out today (ordered Oct 27th), the CSR gave me a tracking number after being on hold for a while, but it isn't in their (fed ex) system yet

and my status is still "awaiting shipment"

and I didn't get next day air....ugggg
    Originally posted by Loondog
    just got off the phone with HS...again....

My treo shipped out today (ordered Oct 27th), the CSR gave me a tracking number after being on hold for a while, but it isn't in their (fed ex) system yet

and my status is still "awaiting shipment"

and I didn't get next day air....ugggg
    HS is like a Dog chasing its own tail. They don't update the website "order status" so customers end up calling in for status.

Customers are calling in, so they are too busy answering phones and can't update the website.

Endless cycle.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I just called as well to get my Fed Ex number from them even though it shows awaiting shipment on my status. They gave it to me and said the phone should reach me tomorrow and I order around 10:30pm Oct 29. The Fed Ex number didn't show up when I tried to track it so I'm still not going to hold my breath on getting it tomorrow. Figures though since I will be out of the office tomorrow it would show up. Oh well I can always send someone over to the office to pick it up for me.
    I just got off the phone with HS as well. I also got a tracking number and they told me that my Treo was shipped today (Ordered on 10/29, early morning). But I have the same problems with the rest. Tracking number is not recognized on the Fedex website. Hmmmmmm.......

Did everybody else got an 11 digit tracking number?

At this point I am being paranoid about everything - I might start to believe that they gave me a tracking number just to get me off the phone!!!!
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    mine is 12 numbers
    Don't sweat it guy's... The reason you have a tracking # and its not in the system yet is that HS uses their own software to create the tracking numbers and lables for the packages... It won't be in the Fedex system until they actually pick the packages up and scan them into the FedEx system.... Check again later and it will be in the system.. Fedex may not pick up from HS till later in the evening... I think I saw the HS facility was in Utah.......

I ordered mine on the 28th and called about 2 hours ago.... the CSR said it may have shipped but was not sure and did not have a tracking #.... I hope mine shipped also.... still showing "awaiting shipment" and no email from HS yet...... A useless call.......

Good Luck.....

Has anyone gotten an email with the gracking number?? or are they just howing up at your door????

I ordered a sprint upgrade...........

I ordered mine on the 26th, chose the overnight FedEx option, and I got it today. That's the good news.

The bad news is that many people who got units from this manufactured batch cannot activate them. The reasons may be varied, but the consitent smell to it is that Sprint doesn't have the ESN's from Handspring. From my own experience today (and others on the misc threads), the CSRs from Sprint and HS are saying that this may not be sorted out for 24-48 hours (or more). I personally was told like 1-2 weeks from a Sprint rep...I don't think it will be that long, but...the way things are going who knows.

So, in short, don't be surprised/dissapointed if you cannot activate your phone right away when you get it.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Well looks like mine will be in my hands by 3pm tomorrow. Hopefully Handspring can get the numbers over to Sprint so there is not a delay in getting it going. If there is at least I have a couple of days to play around with it.
    If this ESN snafu is true that would really tick me off. Another screw-up from our friends at HS. I will be looking for some kind of compensation from Handspring. Good thing I didn't pay for overnight shipping. I really don't understand their systems. The side case is backordered, so I figured I would cancel and just order from Treocentral since they have them in stock. Well was that a bad assumption. The ace at HS tell me the case can't be cancelled. He said I could refuse the package and it would be sent back and I would be credited. Now isn't that stupid. What a waste. Anyhow, with luck I might have the phone tomorrow. It arrived at my airport at 7 PM tonight. Don't know if that is enough time to get it on a truck for delivery tomorrow. Of course my wife will be out when the FedEx guy arrives.
    Did they change the logo on the phone to "PalmOne?" Just trying to figure out why the shipping was delayed so long.

This ESN # not in Sprints system is a bunch of crap!! They better hurry up and get that straighten out!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Just got my email confirming that the Treo has shipped. The Package is also showing up as "trackable" at the fed ex site.

Will be delivered by .....Fri....I don't feel bad getting the slower shipping now hearing about the ESN problems.

Keep us posted guys....on when your phone is working.

Thanks!
    AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
    Just to keep you all informed.... I ordered my Sprint Upgrade on 11/29

Just checked the site and saw "Shipped"... Sweet Mother of God.....

I got the tracking # and it will be here 2morrow by 4:30 PM

it is now 10:38:17 PM EST....... I know all you techno geeks have an atomic clock like me....
    :-)

Can't wait to get it... of course Sprint won't have the ESN when I get it........

Anyway I digress................

YYYEEEHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ordered October 28.
    Received "package shipped" email with FedEx tracking link 7pm today, November 18.
    Should arrive by 4:30 November 21 (didn't spring for overnite-seemed silly on a backorder)

Finally.
    well I just got home from our sprint pcs expo we do every year with the handset makers and accesory makers... Ironic that I got to spend time helping out at the handspring booth. I was telling the lady from HS about our plight and she said that she didn't think the Treo 600 would garner so much attention. Well they raffeled off 2 treos tonite and man was I hatin'... but I got back home and was very happy to find an email from HS with a tracking #. I'll be on pins and needles all day now. At least I got the HS lady to get me a free sidecase shipped to me
    I received my Treo 600 today and tried to activate it all day. Finally around 6:00 Eastern I called Sprint again and the person I spoke to again couldn’t find my ESN. He placed me on hold for about 5 mins while he called their tech people. Then he came back and told me they didn’t know what the problem was but there were many others in the same situation. He told me it might be a while and even said that I might have to return my phone. Then he asked me for my phone number and told me he was going to investigate the problem and get back to me. I hung up and he called back about 10 min later and told me my ESN was now in the system and I could activate my phone. So we went through the activation process, he told me that it would take up to 2 hours for it to work. However, as soon as I hung up with him my phone was working. So perhaps everyone else’s is working now – or I just had a good stroke of luck.
    <B>Ken Crandall</B>
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Ordered 10/29 10:56 pm HST
    Shipped 11/18 12:41 pm CST
    ETA 11/21

Yeah! ... and just before I go on a trip!
    Originally posted by Kenny
    I received my Treo 600 today and tried to activate it all day. Finally around 6:00 Eastern I called Sprint again and the person I spoke to again couldn’t find my ESN. He placed me on hold for about 5 mins while he called their tech people. Then he came back and told me they didn’t know what the problem was but there were many others in the same situation. He told me it might be a while and even said that I might have to return my phone. Then he asked me for my phone number and told me he was going to investigate the problem and get back to me. I hung up and he called back about 10 min later and told me my ESN was now in the system and I could activate my phone. So we went through the activation process, he told me that it would take up to 2 hours for it to work. However, as soon as I hung up with him my phone was working. So perhaps everyone else’s is working now – or I just had a good stroke of luck.
    I had the EXACT same problem! But they didn't call me back in 10 minutes... in fact they made me call Handspring and Handspring told me that I had to wait from 24 to 48 hours from when the phone was shipped. I think that's BS, somewhere someone didn't get the db updated with the new shipments... still not activated.
    I posted the same thing elsewhere on the forum. I was IRATE when they told me my ESN wasn't valid. But after being informed by Handspring of the problem, I called Sprint back within a couple of hours. Thankfully, the ESN was in Sprint's system, and I was able to activate and provision my phone. So for those of you who were told to wait 2 days, just keep trying periodically and you'll likely be successfull well before that time. Good luck!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast