Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Well, palmOne finally updated their site after 9 days:

Orders placed between 10/26 and 11/2 are estimated to ship between 11/17 and 11/21. Ridiculous, if you ask me. A 3+ week backorder that shows no sign of slowing? They could have done a much better job of forcasting the demand for this item.
    Originally posted by OmegaRed1723
    Well, palmOne finally updated their site after 9 days:

Orders placed between 10/26 and 11/2 are estimated to ship between 11/17 and 11/21. Ridiculous, if you ask me. A 3+ week backorder that shows no sign of slowing? They could have done a much better job of forcasting the demand for this item.
    I am trying to keep my ranting held back but... Why not sell to your existing customers 1st? Blah, just dont get it that I can drive to a store right now and buy a Treo 600 for full price... and HS cant ship us our upgrades. Anyway /rant off

Sadly I ordered on 11/3. We will have to see how that goes. My feeling is that it will be well into december until we get our units. I don't know why, and I am not trying to be negative my friends. ITs just a gut feeling.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    AWAITING SHIPMENT!!!!!!!

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

ORDERED 10/27
    I would think that if HS could sell out of their first run of T600s to "non-upgrade" customers, they stand to make much more money.
    If they were able to sell their entire first run at full price or subsidized by carriers, our "merry" little band of early adopter-loyal customers would be of little importance to HS.
    And they might even get us to cancel our upgrade orders, sell the units at full price and claim that they care about their customers because they "offered" us a good deal.
    Of course, I'm probably not stating anything that's not obvious.
    Capitalism. Got to take the good with the bad, I suppose.
    Order Date:
    10/27/2003 04:41:24 PM Order Status:
    Credit Card Approved

Finally a change. Any idea on how long before the next status change? Should I expect HS to stretch this out to the 21st before they actually ship?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    franspace might have something there... the two times i called to check on my order status, the customer service people gave me the standard "2-3 weeks" mumbo-jumbo that anyone could read from the website. then they asked me if i wanted to cancel my order(??) i wasn't rude or anything on the phone, but i was surprised that they came out and asked me if i wanted to cancel.

i hope it ships out soon. the sooner i get the device and verify that it is working ok, the sooner i can not have to deal with handspring anymore.

t
    Might be interesting to track who ships first, the carrier subsidized (signed up for a contract), upgraded from another Treo, or paid "full price" when updating your order status in this thread.
    We can then see where us "loyal customers" rate.
    I'll bet I already know the answer to this ;-)
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I am assuming that posts concerning movement is for upgrade orders since that is the whole point (and title) of this thread.

But yes that thought has crossed my mind, pushing the $399 delivery times back to get more Treos in the hands of people willing to pay full price faster = more money in the bank faster. But we can only guess. Unless there is someone from Handspring willing to voice a definite answer then I will expell my energy elsewhere, like preparing for my new Treo 600
    Absolutely right Loondog. Sorry, I've been reading so many boards and threads trying to figure out what's going on.
    I think I've figured it out now and I'll resign myself to the fact that I won't see my 600 for a while.
    Over and out :-(
    finally, sitting here at the airport of all places I checked the website and it said credit card approved. next step awaiting shipment. here's hoping I will have a t600 by monday (the first day the mail room at my school is open)
    Cool...."Credit Card Approved" for order made Oct 27th. Going to Fry's after work to see if they got some in stock and for play.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Ordered mine Oct 29 at 10pm. Status changed today to Credit Card Approved. I guess by the time I get it it will pretty much be in the 2-3 weeks window they promised when I ordered it so it's kind of hard to be mad at them. It would be different if they told me it would arrive the next week or something. Now how to break it to the wife that I bought it. I am closing on a house on Friday so I guess I could say I bought you this house and all I'm getting is this little phone haha.
    Just got an email from handspring. Seems that they got another batch of the Sprint Treo 600s. Ordered mine on the last day - Oct 29th and Status is now Credit Card Approved. I wonder what revision the new batch is.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I ordered mine on the 28th and saw today that it's changed to Credit Card Approved.
    An hour later, I received an email from Handspring confirming my order. No shipping details or anything like that, just letting me know that Handspring is now PalmOne. Anyone else?
    Originally posted by jb goodgame
    I ordered mine on the 28th and saw today that it's changed to Credit Card Approved.
    An hour later, I received an email from Handspring confirming my order. No shipping details or anything like that, just letting me know that Handspring is now PalmOne. Anyone else?
    Nope, same here ... Credit Card Approved ... I guess that is better then Credit Card Rejected <g>
    I had called a few days ago and they said it would be shipped on the 17th... so it ended up being almost exactly 3 weeks...but I'll let you know when it ships and arrives...
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Ordered on the 29th. Now I am awaiting shipment. At least that's progress.
    Ordered 29th, at 11:59:11 PST.

Status changed to awaiting shipment this afternoon.

WWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHOOOO!!!!!!
    Ordered 27th, awaiting shipment.

I wonder what happened to all the people who ordered on the 28th? Did they all fall off the face of the earth? :P

Everyone I see in this post ordered on the 27th or 29th...
    just saw this in the email when I got home...
    10/29/2003 0XXXXX-XXXXX3 $439.99 Awaiting Shipment

YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

well Tuesday is the big day I guess....
    I got a new treo 300 coming as well for my warranty replacement. Should I put it on Ebay?
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast