Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I am wondering about battery life of my T600 (GSM version). HS says the T600 will have StandBy time up to 10 days (perhaps with no calls, no usage at all )

I noticed after 6 hours of normal use (some calls, some data transfers) my battery has only 80% left. This means I will have 30 hours without charging ..

Whats your experience with battery life?
    RTFM
    Hi,

Got a Treo 600 for 14 days now and these standby times must be totally theoretical.

Under normal use (a few calls, one or two synchros and organising of course), I have to charge battery every two days, the weekend I manage almost three but that's it.

Anyway I'didn't expect any better as it's a 2 in 1

Bye,

Ton
    Originally posted by knoppi
    I am wondering about battery life of my T600 (GSM version). HS says the T600 will have StandBy time up to 10 days (perhaps with no calls, no usage at all )

I noticed after 6 hours of normal use (some calls, some data transfers) my battery has only 80% left. This means I will have 30 hours without charging ..

Whats your experience with battery life?
    I'm assuming that those 10 days are with no other use on the phone or Palm side. Even in that case, the CDMA version would be hard-pressed to go more than 2-3 days. But I find that I can make it through a single day of HEAVY use (Battery Graph tells me I have between 3.5 - 5.5 hours on time a day, and I've never seen the battery tumble below 30%).
    Originally posted by skfny

(Battery Graph tells me I have between 3.5 - 5.5 hours on time a day, and I've never seen the battery tumble below 30%).
    Sorry for the off-subject but I've seen this graph in one of the test about the Treo. Is this with the software? I looked for it everywhere but didn't find it.

Can you tell me some more?

Bye,

Ton
    The battery life seems a lot better than my 270 was and I'm very pleased with it...
    I'm quite pleased with the battery life, it's definitely much better than I expected, and even better than my sagem cellphone.

Battery monitor tells me it's now been on for 7hrs 40 mins, my call log lists around 1 hour of calls, probably add 30 mins of GPRS usage, 40 text messages, and its been 4 days since I charged it. The battery level is at 26% so its due a charge, but quite impressive.

Have you guys with battery life problems got it set to vibrate alert? Backlight on full? Receive all Infrared items? I turned those down/off apart from ocasional use of the vibrate alert. Also I've noticed with other PDAs the more stuff you have in ram, the less battery life.
    --
    Sideshowbob
    Originally posted by Tonio78370
    Hi,

Got a Treo 600 for 14 days now and these standby times must be totally theoretical.

Under normal use (a few calls, one or two synchros and organising of course), I have to charge battery every two days, the weekend I manage almost three but that's it.

Bye,

Ton
    You might want to think about charging it more frequently, rather than waiting until it runs down. Supposedly, the battery last longer if you top it off rather than let it run down and then recharge it.
    Thanks for the tip.

I'd read it somewhere and plug in 'the beast' every night!

In fact I would like to buy the deskstand but it's so expensif overhere (69 euros for 30 dollars in the US).

Bye,

Ton
    Hi,

Bye,

Ton
    Have had my Treo for about a week and the battery, compared to my old Treo 300, is much better.

This past weekend my braodband was down and had to do some research on the web and spent about 5 hours online (hope Sprint doesn't whack my Vision) and that included about a dozen calls. I'll probably have to squint the rest of my life, though. At the end of the day, still had about 15% of the battery left (tap your stylus on the batt indicator to tell) and was quite surprised. I thought I would have run out by then.

As far as standby goes ... this is a useless statistic. Who actually does not use their phone for 10 days?

I have been very happy with the battery life. Tonio78370 makes a good point ... charge when you get the chance, even if its a 5 minute drive to the local geek store (hey, I'm one, so don't flame me ). They (whoever that is) say the battery in the Treo 600 likes to be topped off ... so I do.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    I usually get 2-2.5 days of normal usage per charge.

My normal usage consists of Beam receipt on, an SD card in the slot, checking POP email every 30 minutes with Snappermail and BC synchronizing every hour. The amount of calls I make each day varies quite a bit, but usually around an hour. Minimal Palm only usage and 2-3 synchs per day.

In my case, my signal strength is very low at home so I'm pretty sure that's where I loose most of my juice. I keep it on 24x7 and CDMA technology sucks more juice as signal strength goes down.
    -former

Sorry for the off-subject but I've seen this graph in one of the test about the Treo. Is this with the software? I looked for it everywhere but didn't find it.

Can you tell me some more?

Bye,

Ton

Battery Graph
    http://palm.jeroenwitteman.com/BatteryGraph/
    Thank You Sir and got ye
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Greetings.

After reading multiple posts and performing quite a number of "Soft Resets" I have several questions for Sprint Treo 600 owners.

1) What does your battery say when you disconnect it from charging? I have yet to see 100% even when attached to the charger. (Example of what is occuring: I disconnected from the AC charger at 1715 est today and the battery icon showed a charge of 92% (that is fresh off the AC charger). Now at 1735 EST my battery reads: 89%. I have no active connection to Vision yet the arrows are Green. I am also using Treo Helper to help minimize my battery issue.)

2) Are you seeing this same type of issue or do I have a funky battery?

3) How long does it take to go from a "red" light when charging to "green"? I have left my Treo 600 connected all night to the AC Charger only to wake up with the led still red. I don't believe this is normal. I am curious to see if this is happening to anyone else.

Details on Phone:

Received Treo 600: 10/24/03
    Rev. B
    No Hacks Running
    10-20 phone calls per day (each less than 5 minutes in length)
    15-45 minutes of daily Vision surfing/E-mail checking

Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers!
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
    Mine was behaving just like this and I tried a soft reset and it seems much better. Battery charges fully and faster (I do not check percentages) but it goes to green faster where it rarely did before. The battery seems to last longer before dropping to 70 to 80%, which it used to do very quickly.

My son was playing on the internet for a long time over the weekend and I was sure the battery would be low. It was still well over 75%.

Alan Hamm
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Thank you Alan for your response.

I will attempt one more Soft & Hard reset before calling SPCS as I am having markedly lower battery life than others in this thread.

BTW: I have great coverage with no dead zones lasting more than 30 seconds (elevators in my office block).

Of course other ideas/comments are welcome.

Thank you for your help.
    From the sounds of this, I am going to hard reset my phone as soon as I get it.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Well, after 1 week of usage, my Treo shows now 100% after charging the night.

But it drops very fast to 99% (one call, 1m 13s). This night I forgot to charge it, left the Treo with 59% at 0am (after 9h without charging, 2h calls and 1h data), this morning when I woke up (7am), Treo shows 50%. Think this is a really good behaviour.
    RTFM
    Is anyone else really worried about battery life, I make at least two hours of calls a day sometimes as many as 4.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Greetings all.

I'm back again with an update.

After charging my trusty Treo 600 to full power (100% w/green light) I disconnected it from the charger at 10:14 AM. Stayed at 100% for about 5 minutes.

Now it is 20:20 EST and I am now reading 34%. This is not good news. Before you ask about usage: I've made 4 phone calls for a total of about 75 minutes and did not check E-mail once today.

I have noticed however, I always have green arrows indicating an active data connection. This usually occurs when I am not using any part of Vision.

34% battery life after just 12 hours of little to moderate use is quite different from what others are reporting. According to the SPCS tech who looked at it today "I can test the phone but not the battery"...So it looks like I'll be contacting SPCS tomorrow about a replacemet.

I am puzzled however as to the "always on" green arrows. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Cheers and thanks for your help/suggestions.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I'd suggest a hard reset before you opt for a new phone.
    I gotta think those green arrows are somehow related to the problem. If I open a web page, the green arrows light while it's downloading, and then about 5-10 seconds afterwards, and then they switch to grey and stay that way until I'm active on the net again. Odd thing though is, the whole time you're making and receiving calls there's no way Vision can be active (can't do both at once). If the phone's off the rest of the time then it shouldn't be draining the batteries either. On the other hand, I haven't made any 75 minute calls in months, so I can't say how fast that'll drain the batteries. Batteries don't go down linearly either. You might get as much time out of the remaining 34% as you did the first 66%.

ian
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast