Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Thanks Ian for your thought. I have thought too about the Green Arrows.

I will do another Hard Reset and reset the phone to it's factory settings and start again.

Here's what I've noticed about the green arrows: They're always on when I hit the key guard button to use the phone. I also notice the Green Arrows when I'm looking at the address book or checking out other apps. I don't have any E-mail that's checking or another program hitting the Web...as far as I know.

Also, I do miss about 50 % of my calls as they go directly to voicemail.

The kicker is, I rarely use the Vision services during the day as I'm at work and have full, fast Internet capability.

According to Battery Graph, when the radio is off the battery life is stable. As soon as the radio is turned on, whoosh...there it goes.

BTW, right now @ 0826 EST I'm at: 23% (the radio was shut off at 23:30 and back on at 07:30.
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
  2. PxT
    On a related topic: last night my battery was showing about 80% full. I meant to plug it in and top it off before I went to bed but I forgot. It had been a while since I charged it, and I was surprised that I had that much left. Anyway, this morning neither the phone nor the PDA would turn on. I plugged it in to the charger and discovered the battery was completely dead and the unit had lost all its data. WTF!?

Anyone else seen this behaviour? Luckily I had a recent sync, so I was able to restore everything fairly easily. Even if the battery had completely run down over night, which seems unlikely, the user manual states that the data should be stored for up to 3 days, so I'm not sure what is going on here....
    I have had a similar experience with excessive battery drain. I was getting less than 8-10 hours of use between charges.

Frustrated with this supposedly new and improved battery life, I deleted some of the apps that would use the radio. I had noticed the green arrow were lit quite frequently and thought this might be a good first try. I installed BatteryGraph and its statistics indicated that I was turning on my Treo every 8 seconds on average, which seemed a little fishy to me.

I removed Verichat, Treo600SMS and Sprint BusinessConnect and have had great results. 2+ days between charges, and that's with heavy use. I will try replacing those apps and see if I get the drain again when I get a chance.

Hope this helps some of you.
    I charge every night, and at the end of the day, following maybe a half hour on the phone and 1-1.5 hours of browsing and e-mail, I'm consistently at about the 80% charge level.

I use Verichat, but no Treo600SMS or SBC.
    Originally posted by PxT
    On a related topic: last night my battery was showing about 80% full. I meant to plug it in and top it off before I went to bed but I forgot. It had been a while since I charged it, and I was surprised that I had that much left. Anyway, this morning neither the phone nor the PDA would turn on. I plugged it in to the charger and discovered the battery was completely dead and the unit had lost all its data. WTF!?
    Perhaps something similar, which is why I am doing a search about batteries and resets.

A few days ago I had been using my Treo a lot to check my mail and other activities. I hadnít charged it in a couple of days. I believe that it was showing a charge of about 80%. Anyway I tried to check my mail and I got a low battery warning saying that it was shutting down in 15 sec. I turned the radio off immediately. When I got back to the car and put it on the charger and found that the memory had reset. Since then I have been watching the battery level. For a while it worked fine. But now it seems to be stuck at 100% no matter have much I have used it.

Has anyone else had this problem with the battery level never changes?
    it has been talked about. Do a soft reset and everything will be fine. Check the battery level periodically - if it hasn't moved in a couple hours then do a soft reset otherwise you'll regret it.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12