1.    #1  
    Using the Treo 600 and the latest Versions of the Olive-Tree Bible results in not beeing able to select bible-text correctly. Even when verse, chapter settings for scrolling are set of.

I checked that the digitizer does work correctly when selecting text from any other application like for ex. memo-pad.

Does anyone else remark the same problems? Does someone have an solution?

PS: Is there a bug in the search algorithm of threocentral? I searched with "bible" in the Treo 600 Forum and got only search-results which had nothing at all to do with that??!!
    I don't know anything about that Bible application, but the Bible itself certainly addresses your doubts about the search algorithm:

"From there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul." (Deuteronomy 4:29)

Seriously, I think you will find that the word "bible" appears somewhere in each of the identified topics, even if the discussion appears to be about something else. Try going to one of them, and then doing a ctrl-F search on "bible" in your Web browser, and you will see what I mean.
    Do u have the newest version of Bible reader? I was having trouble getting Greek text to display. It was wrapping wrong on the display and characters were deformed. They sent me a version specifically for the treo 600 that their programmers wrote like 1 week ago.

It would be great if you would complain also. I have noticed on the treo600 bible reader that selecting words is terrible, more than one gets highlighted, they remain highlighted, its all screwed up.

private message me and I'll send u the email address of my contact there and we can both try to get this fixed together . . .
    I just tested my copy of BibleR+ version 3.51d281 dated October 7, 2003 from Olive Tree and it has the same problem. I Never noticed it before you mentioned it. I just use it for reading and did not use the highlight mode for making notes. Have you contacted Olive Tree support at www.OliveTree.com to make them aware of this problem?
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by CDR114
    I just tested my copy of BibleR+ version 3.51d281 dated October 7, 2003 from Olive Tree and it has the same problem. I Never noticed it before you mentioned it. I just use it for reading and did not use the highlight mode for making notes. Have you contacted Olive Tree support at www.OliveTree.com to make them aware of this problem?
    Dear cdr114,

i feel delighted, that this seems to be a general problem. I suspected it to be a problem caused by just installing from the previous os4 treo to the curren treo os5 (system files from os4 on the os5 system).

No, indeed I didn't ever contact olive-tree or most other supports before, as I usually am not the first to remark such things an american users are incredible quick in contacting developer ;-).

I'd be glad i you would contact olive-tree. I got to admit, that it's my boss who owns that treo (i have a clie nz90 and ericsson t68). He is not fond of using internet-forums and so I posted instedad of him. Answering questions from olive tree or doing even tests will be quite more complicated when it goes from me to my boss and back.

Thank you, for your very quick help and answer.

Greetings from Switzerland, Christian.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by craigdts
    Do u have the newest version of Bible reader? I was having trouble getting Greek text to display. It was wrapping wrong on the display and characters were deformed. They sent me a version specifically for the treo 600 that their programmers wrote like 1 week ago.

It would be great if you would complain also. I have noticed on the treo600 bible reader that selecting words is terrible, more than one gets highlighted, they remain highlighted, its all screwed up.

private message me and I'll send u the email address of my contact there and we can both try to get this fixed together . . .
    Strange, i got no annotation of this reply. Maybe my spam-killer killed the annotation emails.

Dear craigdts, yes indeed I i instantly downloaded the latest version (october 7) and tried it with that. On my clie nz90 there is no problem at all but on the treo the problem persisted.

Did I understand you correctly, that the special treo-fix-version you got one week ago didn't correct the text-selection-bug?

As I wrote on my reply to cdr114, who helped too to test on his device, i don't own a treo myself, but was aked by my boss to search for an solution. So testing uso will be rather complicated when I have to contact my boss for each activity.

PS: My boss works as a streetworker in our city and has contacts to about 300 people living on the streets (mostly drug addicted). The latest treo helps him to keep the faces (photos) in mind and relate them to the mobile-numbers stored in his treo (most of these people don't habe a adress). With it's previous treo 270 he daily used to sent specific helpful bible-verses by selecting them from the bible-application and pasting them into the sms-application. With the new treo he currently can't do that anymore.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by cbrenner
    I don't know anything about that Bible application, but the Bible itself certainly addresses your doubts about the search algorithm:

"From there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul." (Deuteronomy 4:29)

Seriously, I think you will find that the word "bible" appears somewhere in each of the identified topics, even if the discussion appears to be about something else. Try going to one of them, and then doing a ctrl-F search on "bible" in your Web browser, and you will see what I mean.
    Dear cbrenner, thank you very much. I got to admit, that I'm new to this forum, maybe I did some erorrs using the search feature. Generally the forum application seems to be the as the one I use daily (cliesource.com) so I'm astonished I could't find the correct results.
    Hello Guys,

I use the OliveTree.com website too for my Bible resources. When I was with the Palm before I had a document reader that did an automatic scroll: SWEET, it would scroll the scriptures at the pace that you want instead of hitting and holding the scroll arrow. Now I have to backtrack and try and find the program. Will post it if anyone would like it.

Have a blessed day,

Mellanese
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by GeekyMom
    Hello Guys,

I use the OliveTree.com website too for my Bible resources. When I was with the Palm before I had a document reader that did an automatic scroll: SWEET, it would scroll the scriptures at the pace that you want instead of hitting and holding the scroll arrow. Now I have to backtrack and try and find the program. Will post it if anyone would like it.

Have a blessed day,

Mellanese
    Dear Mellanese,

yes this sounds interesting. I know some kind of auto-scroll-feature from the doc-reader TealDoc from tealpoint.com, but never heard before from such a tool for a bible-reader ;-)