1.    #1  
    The day has finally arrived. My patience, although running thin, has been satiated. My Cingular Treo 600 order is in, and I await notification of shipment.

I don't know what I am going to do until it arrives. Probably start downloading all the necessary software, MP3's, skins, wallpapers, etc.

Boy what life I lead!
    Hi,

Are you planning on unlocking your phone for T-mobile use or do you actually have/will-get a Cingular account?

If you're going with T-mo, do you know if the phones are unlocked or not, or if there's a way to unlock them via T-mo?

Thanks.
    Just placed my order too...I hope they ship soon after the Nov. 17 date listed on the site. I can't wait! And I can't believe I just spent over $400 on a cell phone...
    Well,

What the heck. I couldn't resist so I bought the Cingular Treo 600. I figure if I find out it's not unlocked and/or will never work on T-mo, I can simply cancel the order, since it won't ship for a while. Let's hope this is not the case, as I REALLY want this device. Any thoughts on this?

Cheers.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by LORDOFTHETREOS
    Hi,

Are you planning on unlocking your phone for T-mobile use or do you actually have/will-get a Cingular account?

If you're going with T-mo, do you know if the phones are unlocked or not, or if there's a way to unlock them via T-mo?

Thanks.
    I am a Cingular customer, but the threads indicate that the phone is NOT locked to Cingular. BTW, T-M uses the Cingular network in LA.
    Originally posted by LORDOFTHETREOS
    Well,

What the heck. I couldn't resist so I bought the Cingular Treo 600. I figure if I find out it's not unlocked and/or will never work on T-mo, I can simply cancel the order, since it won't ship for a while. Let's hope this is not the case, as I REALLY want this device. Any thoughts on this?

Cheers.
    I am thinking of doing the same thing. I currently have Sprint PCS but am considering T-Mobile or Cingular because I want a GSM world phone.

Are you sure one could cancel their order? I'm going out of the country in December so if the phone does not ship shortly before I leave I want to cancel my order.

Any problem or delay if the T600 is shipped to an address other than the billing address on one's credit card?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by Sprinter

I am thinking of doing the same thing. I currently have Sprint PCS but am considering T-Mobile or Cingular because I want a GSM world phone.

Are you sure one could cancel their order? I'm going out of the country in December so if the phone does not ship shortly before I leave I want to cancel my order.

Any problem or delay if the T600 is shipped to an address other than the billing address on one's credit card?

Thanks.
    Well, if the t600 actually ships I don't think you can cancel the order, but that's not what I'm counting on. Hopefully someone will have tested out this little Cingular loophole BEFORE they ship, and so if it does NOT work, I can cancel the order ahead of time (i.e. without it shipping). Therefore, I'm pretty sure there's a way to cancel an order that hasn't been processed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't this just like any other e-retailer (e.g. Amazon) where you can do such a thing?

Thanks.
    I finally bit and ordered a Cingular phone with a plan and now the real torture begins with the indefinite wait.

Regarding the locks, I would be very suprised if Cingular is selling a phone that isn't proprietary. But you guys are tuned in better than moi.
    I don't know what I am going to do until it arrives. Probably start downloading all the necessary software, MP3's, skins, wallpapers, etc.

What a life I lead.
    Hey man, your making me sad about my life. I've already done that stuff 3 weeks ago, redone it every week, check boards every day, and I haven't even ordered yet.

I just like to pretend I have a phone.