1.    #1  
    Ok, from what I have *read* about the Treo 600, I have come up with brief list of the needed, maybe possibly please coming soon items:

1. SD Wi-Fi card with drivers! (the card really needs to be both memory card and Wi-Fi on same card, so you can download attachments directly to the card, since some of the stupid programs ONLY will run them from there like mp3's etc )

2. Voice Recorder ROM upgrade (this only makes sense, c'mon; plus, maybe this would solve the incredibly stupid problem of not having common wav file format native to palm os)

3. Web Pro 3.x.x for Treo 600! (It should at least be made available to Treo 600 owners, instead of only being "authorized" on Tungstens or whatever - jeesh! since it is all PalmOne now this would seem reasonable to do...)

4. Bluetooth option (best to have it built into the unit; hey, maybe sandisk can put bluetooth and Wi-Fi and memory on one card )

5. Personally, I think it needs a built-in FM radio. Only makes sense - a bunch of the Nokia phones have them and I think it is a wonderful idea. However, I do think there is an SD FM radio card that *may* work in a Treo 600 - dunno for sure...anyways, built-in would be best.

6. Oh yeah, and someone please write a freeware Atari 2600 emulator so I can play Demon Attack in color with sound on the thing! Yeah!

Oh well, I'm sure I forgot, oh, only a ton of other stuff - anyone else have any ideas for the wish-list??

trout256
    Voice activated dialing!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I'd be happy with PalmOne buying up a load of licences for Warfare Incorporated and letting us all have one free! This game ROCKS!!!
    "Yay though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil... cause I have a big stick! And I am the meanest mutherf***er in the valley!" -Deep Blue Sea
    Why stop with just FM radio, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and memory on that little SD card? How about GPS, biometric authentication, bone density meter, sphygmomanometer, radiation exposure detector, laser pointer, RF-id, and a phaser? The phaser should switch between "stun" and "kill" based on the position of the speaker on/off switch.

Kirk out.
    Originally posted by cbrenner
    Why stop with just FM radio, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and memory on that little SD card? How about GPS, biometric authentication, bone density meter, sphygmomanometer, radiation exposure detector, laser pointer, RF-id, and a phaser? The phaser should switch between "stun" and "kill" based on the position of the speaker on/off switch.

Kirk out.
    For $500, IMO, the Treo 600 should do more than it does. That's why mine will most likely be returning to Best Buy.
    Not a bad list for smaller plans. You sure do not need wi-fi if your plan has unlimited vision. Since recharging is done with a USB cable, you can connect if you have to through the network, but the fantastic connection on vision is enough.
    I don't agree with the bluetooth need. To do what? talk to a PDA? Or talk to my camera which does not use bluetooth and I swap cards anyways?
    Once you have the biz connection from Sprint (mine is included free as personal edition), you have a better synch experience and have push tech that works without some blackberry Kludge.
    I think the must have list is:
    1 a USB cable
    2 biz connection personal edition (for homers)
    3 a better case than the slip case

If you have a cheaper plan than 2000 minutes, then the capabilities may require some of the others to avoid charges, but I think everything can be done as well without these items you mention.
    This is working so well I am getting ready to drop cable high speed and my notebook computer. Just my desktop and 600-----and I can do everything just as well (after the learning curve)
    JON
    Because,

- WiFi is at least 100 times the speed of Vision.

- Cable and DSL are at least 10 times the speed of Vision.

- Bluetooth eliminates the tangle of cables.

- It's convenient to patch the Treo to a laptop for occasional use, but using Sprint's "unlimited" data access as a full-time ISP through your computer was not intended by Sprint, and isn't likely to be tolerated.
    I just need a hole for a hand strap. Is it too much to ask?
    Originally posted by cbrenner

Kirk out.
    LMAO

Bend over, you're going to feel just a little pressure.

But, Captain, we haven't got the power!

Jim, he's dead.

Dammit, Spock.

Tomorrow's oxymoron will be Transparent Aluminum ... in honor of this thread!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad