Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I'm getting the Treo on Monday...just wondering if I should wait until all the discounts/deals are offered by all the cell providers when the number portability goes into effect?

Do you think there will be some great deals by Sprint to attract new customers and to keep existing ones?
  2. purpleZ
    Originally posted by furio
    I'm getting the Treo on Monday...just wondering if I should wait until all the discounts/deals are offered by all the cell providers when the number portability goes into effect?

Do you think there will be some great deals by Sprint to attract new customers and to keep existing ones?
    I've heard analysts feel that a lot of people will be switching carriers at the end of the month so the carriers are expected to become a lot more "generous" with their offers.
    If you can wait, I'd wait. Even if no new deals are available, carriers are already getting more aggressive with their retention bonuses, so you can always use LNP as a bargaining chip, even with your current carrier.

Me, I couldn't wait and signed up with Sprint. I do still intend on moving my current AT&T number to my Sprint phone on the 24th and then canceling my AT&T service.
    -former
    As a sidenote, I think the general concensus has been that carriers will offer EXISTING customers more of a benefit than new customers. If you're an existing Sprint customer and your contract has expired or is about to expire, you will be in a much better position in a month from now to get a bargain.

There may in fact be some extra nice deals for new customers. This will be used to entice people to move over from their existing carrier to a new one. But these probably won't differ much from what is already out there, relatively speaking.

However, for an existing customer that has the ability to move on to a different carrier, there will probably be some pretty nice opportunities. Discounts on phones or a small break on service costs(more focus on the former than the latter).

If you can hold out..... hold out.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I am weak, I probably can't wait...

I'm moving from AT&T...they will miss me...I've been a customer with them since 1996.

From reading other boards, if I sign up now and a better plan comes along, I can just renew my contract then?