1.    #1  
    I notice that the first GSM Treo 600 Upgrade is now posted on the Handspring website. The price is $399 and is available through November 24. Does anyone know whether this is an unlocked Treo 600?
    I don't see it, can you post a link
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
    I didn't see the link for the upgrade either, but you can order the phone with a Cingular Wireless Plan or without a plan for 699... ATT or Tmobile link does not work.. Cingular Only...
    Originally posted by JakePratt
    I don't see it, can you post a link
    Here it is - but it is Cingular only!!!

GSMTreo

Enquiring minds want to know ...
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    It sure looks to me like this is locked to Cingular. Gee, thanks Handspring! Looking at this pattern. I won't be able to get a T-Mobile (locked) phone until after November 24, and unlocked probably next year.

I don't know, I think I'm going to have to really consider Nokia and Sony Ericsson alternatives.
    And for Cingular, HS says:

We are currently taking pre-orders for Treo 600 with Cingular Wireless service. We expect to begin processing orders on November 17, 2003. However, we are anticipating extremely high demand which could result in additional delays once orders begin to ship.

Those unlocked GSM units appear to be only a dream.
    Last edited by Kanuck; 11/02/2003 at 09:17 PM.
    This is killing me. There was no way I was going to switch from T-Mobile to Sprint, but I'll consider going to Cingular. Anyone have any idea if I would be able unlock the Cingular one if I told them I already had a Cingular plan?
    if tomorrow comes and goes without a unlocked gsm for sale i will be ordering one from asia.
    It sure doesn't seem likely that they will add T-Mobile or unlocked versions anytime tomorrow. If they were going to do that they would have done them all together. I suspect it will be at least a week more. I suppose I'm just getting depressed now.

I'd consider switching to Cingular, but they have sucky plans. I just hope that the inventory of Cingular Treo's is separate from the T-Mobile and unlocked ones, otherwise they'll all be backordered for weeks.
    you could probably buy a cingular one and ask tmo to unlock it. my contact at tmo said it would work. since they will not start proccessing orders until the 17th.. I am personnally going to wait.
    I'M from Canada,Montreal, and could not wait anymore so i ordered from singapore last friday, and the tracking now say' it is in Toronto.

YES i will be getting it tomorow, i dont mind paying more for the phone they got me completly crazy!!!!!!!!!

Marc-André
    A T-Mobile rep told you they would unlock a Cingular locked phone? Can they do that? If so, what is the point of locking?
    I know that when I purchased my Treo 270 from Handspring it was not locked to any carrier.

Did Handspring (not the carriers) ever sell locked 270's or 180's?
    The 270 I bought from Handspring was locked to TMO
    I just talked to a different T-Mobile rep (we all know how that goes). At first he said that T-Mobile Treo 600's were available now from the Handspring web site. When I pointed out the error of his information and asked specifically about unlocking a Cingular locked phone, he indicated that Cingular would have to unlock the phone, not T-Mobile.

I guess I'll wait, but I'm not happy about it.
    FWIW, when I bought my T180 and subsequently 270 from HS for Cingular, the units were NOT locked. I just ordered my T600. Once I have it up and running, I will call Cingular CS and see if in fact the unit is SIM locked. I want to be able to go to Europe and use a local SIM there. Stay tuned...