Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone documented the "Easter Eggs" found in the Treo 600 so far?

If not, and you know one, post it here!

thanks
    If you draw a circle in the lower right part of the screen of the "general" setting screen in the prefs app, it will draw an real Easter Egg. Leave it there, and every so often you will see a yellow taxi drive across your screen
  3.    #3  
    Hmmm...that doesn't seem to work on my Treo!
    Originally posted by rashah
    Hmmm...that doesn't seem to work on my Treo!
    ...it takes practise/patience. (still haven't seen any yellow taxis though )
    what the blazes is an easter egg doing at the lower right corner of a treo 600 smartphone? how random and bizarre. does this provide some kind of extra function, other than this TAXI?

WOW... how strange!
    Originally posted by Druce MacFarlane
    If you draw a circle in the lower right part of the screen of the "general" setting screen in the prefs app, it will draw an real Easter Egg. Leave it there, and every so often you will see a yellow taxi drive across your screen
    I think Judd Hirsch was leaning out the window!!!!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    I think Druce is blown smoke...this egg dates back to either the Palm Vx or M100 series... different OS too!

www.treobits.com
    Treo 600 friendly website with Ringtones, Shoutcast Feeds and more...
    Originally posted by grsmith
    I think Druce is blown smoke...this egg dates back to either the Palm Vx or M100 series... different OS too!
    I just tried it and the easter egg appeared. Havn't seen a taxi drive by yet.
    Originally posted by grsmith
    I think Druce is blown smoke
    Nope -- this definitely works. I'm sitting here right now looking at a Treo600 and a Treo300 both with little Easter eggs on their screens. ...I lack the patience to verify the taxis thing, though.
    I enabled my easter egg on day one. I never saw anything until this past Friday. Little yellow taxi drove across my phone screen. Must be a very random timing thing. I had an easter egg on my Kyo 6035 running OS 3.5 and never saw anything happen. Guess it the right place at the right time thing.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Wow it works! Haven't seen the taxi yet but the egg is there.
    i see an old Titanic type ship float by but never a taxi. I have a T300
    I stand corrected...sorry Druce!

www.treobits.com
    Treo 600 friendly website with Ringtones, Shoutcast Feeds and more...
    confirmed works on the GSM Uk model too. For the benefit of others, the drawn circle that worked for me was only about half a centimetre diameter and right in the bottom righthand corner...

got the egg... not seen any taxis yet...
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    I have that one on my 270 as well..but no taxi or titanic for that matter as yet...any other eggs to be found?
    Anyone know if the pac man can be enabled? I got it a few times on my treo 300. Instead of the flipping HS logo, you get pac man eating some dots across the screen. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
    so what's the story? I have to sit with my screen on the General Prefs selection? Or can I go to another app?

I got my easter egg...after 5 minutes of drawing different sizes and shapes in the bottom corner...interesting.
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
    other people mention this on other models.. has there always been an easter egg in palm os devices? never tried this on any of my older palms

d.r.g.
  19.    #19  
    Very interesting - thanks to tgabber's explanation I got an Easter Egg!

Are you chaps aware of any other eggs?

Definition for: Easter egg
    A secret message hidden somewhere in a program, that can be revealed by entering some unusual combination of commands, such as pulling down a menu while holding the command and shift keys.Computer users can stumble upon Easter eggs by accident, or hear about them through rumors.The messages can be jokes, political statements, music, or pictures; often they are credits for the developers of the software.
  20.    #20  
    Very interesting - thanks to tgabber's explanation I got an Easter Egg!

Are you chaps aware of any other eggs?

Definition for: Easter egg
    A secret message hidden somewhere in a program, that can be revealed by entering some unusual combination of commands, such as pulling down a menu while holding the command and shift keys.Computer users can stumble upon Easter eggs by accident, or hear about them through rumors.The messages can be jokes, political statements, music, or pictures; often they are credits for the developers of the software.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast