1.    #1  
    Not sure if this is just me but if my Treo loses signal and then comes back on my GRPS shows still connected but it is not and u get error msg after error msg when surfing or running mail. Switching wireless off and back on does the trick but is a bit of a bummer and not that quick really.

Any idea if there is a quicker way to get this sorted and anybody else has the same issue ?

Cheers
    Yeah I have the exact same problem.

This is the only issue that is really irritating me about my Treo so I'm hoping there'll be an update soon.
    1. Open the Preferences application
    2. choose network in the drop down in the top right
    3. the service shown should be Orange Internet
    4. click on the disconnect button at the bottom of the screen.

Quicker than turning wireless on/off, but still a drag.
    The GPRS connection thing has puzzled me a bit too, since I'm new to it.

If I view a few web pages, check me mail etc then don't do the prefs > network > disconnect procedure mentioned above, I'm still connected to GPRS, right?

Are there then any implications of leaving it connected, ie battery drain, cost etc?
    --
    Sideshowbob
    No cost implications of leaving it connected, as you only pay for what you send and receive, not the connect time on GPRS.

I don't see any battery difference either.
    Originally posted by sideshowbob

Are there then any implications of leaving it connected, ie battery drain, cost etc?
    Yes, I see the significant difference in the battery meter. With GPRS-ON and Wireless-ON I re-charge battery every day. But when GPRS-OFF and Wireless-ON once every 2-3 days is enough.
    Originally posted by fruga

Yes, I see the significant difference in the battery meter. With GPRS-ON and Wireless-ON I re-charge battery every day. But when GPRS-OFF and Wireless-ON once every 2-3 days is enough.
    Do you have your Treo set to check for e-mails regularly during the day, which will drain your battery more? I have GPRS connected 24 hours a day to save me having to wait for a connection, and mine will go for at least 5 days between recharges - GPRS-ON and Wireless-ON - and that is with moderate PDA use (but no phone calls).

I haven't noticed any significant difference in battery time with GPRS connected, but not being used.